108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HPSUM fails download on cp018187.exe

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joe Duehmig
Advisor

HPSUM fails download on cp018187.exe

I have installed the latest HPSUM on a DL320 G6 server running Windows 2008 R2.  When I attempt to download the repository to a local drive, the download failes with the following error:

"Error: Unable to download file cp018187.exe from URL.  Verify no firewalls are blocking HTTP traffic between the system running HPSUM and the target server."

This appears to be the last file to be downloaded, because the repository directory contains 38 files out of 39 selected.  When I did a search on the file name I found references to a Linux file.  I restarted HPSUM and made sure I did not select any Linux or HP-UX files, only Windows, but it still fails with this file.

Can anyone tell me how to get around this?

Thanks,

Joe

4 REPLIES 4
MichaelSb
Solution

Re: HPSUM fails download on cp018187.exe

Locate your repository (usually c:\repository), create an empty file named cp018187.exe
HPSUM seems to only check for file names, not even doing checksums, so it will accept the empty file just fine.

Joe Duehmig
Advisor

That did the trick!  Thanks for the easy fix.

Joe

johnl_QNI
Occasional Visitor

Dominik Alexander Wagne
Occasional Advisor

Had the same problem on a ML350 G5 server. Downloading the file manually and placing it into the C:\Repository directory fixed the problem for me.