ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753265 Members
5282 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

iLO 3 Web Interface not working

randyinclinton

iLO 3 Web Interface not working

I have a Proliant DL380 G7 server running VMWare v5.0u3.  iLO 3 firmware version 1.26.  I can ping the associated IP address.  I can access it via CLI (Putty SSH connection).  But I cannot get the web interface to work.  I cannot upgrade the firmware via CLI because of know issue.  Does anyone know of another way to do one of the following:

1.  Enable the web interface via CLI (I can't find it)

or

2.  Upgrade the firmware other than CLI or web (remember, the server is running VMWare, not windows or Linux).  Hopefully this would re-enable web interface.

p.S. this thread has been move from Servers > General to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) - Hp Forum Moderator

13 REPLIES 13
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: iLO 3 Web Interface not working

Hi,

Does the web page time out? If YES, see this document.

You may also try to Reset iLO.  It will reset any existing connections to iLO, you may need to reconfigure iLO with its IP address.

Resetting iLO to the factory default settings by using iLO RBSU
1. Restart or power on the server.
2. Press F8 when prompted during POST.
iLO RBSU starts.
3. Select FileSet Defaults.
iLO RBSU prompts you to confirm the request.
4. Press F10 to continue.
iLO RBSU displays the following message:
After setting to factory defaults, iLO 3 will be reset and this utility will exit.
5. Press Enter.
iLO resets and the server boot process finishes.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

waaronb
Respected Contributor

So you're saying when you SSH into the ilo, the command like "load /map1/firmware1 -source http://192.168.1.1/images/fw/iLO2_130.bin" doesn't work? That's weird.

I don't know if there's a way to force ilo into the network recovery mode, but if there was a way, you could use that method to upload an iLO firmware BIN to it via FTP. I just don't know of a way to force that mode unless it had a bad firmware flash to start with and it can't start up normally.

I know this idea is way out there, but if this server is in an inaccessible place (remote location), is there a way to have someone boot it from a USB drive with Linux configured on there? Then you could run the Linux scexe firmware updater and call it good.

It's tough working on remote servers in other states or even countries... you have to be real careful about making sure you don't lose access entirely, and remote hands support is either not that great or expensive (or both).
SEddy
Advisor

Realizing this thread is almost a year old now, has there been any resolution on this because i'm having the same issue right now. It started after changing a mezz. card. I can't get to the KVM but I can SSH to it.

Renjiv
Respected Contributor

Greetings!

Resetting the iLO should work.. have you tried resetting the iLO?

You may try to Reset iLO.  It will reset any existing connections to iLO, you may need to reconfigure iLO with its IP address.

Resetting iLO to the factory default settings by using iLO RBSU
1. Restart or power on the server.
2. Press F8 when prompted during POST.
iLO RBSU starts.
3. Select FileSet Defaults.
iLO RBSU prompts you to confirm the request.
4. Press F10 to continue.
iLO RBSU displays the following message:
After setting to factory defaults, iLO 3 will be reset and this utility will exit.
5. Press Enter.
iLO resets and the server boot process finishes.

Regards,

Renji V

Was this post useful? -
To say thanks click the "thumbs up" icon below!!! .....
SEddy
Advisor

After reseting, I still have no web interface. Only SSH.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Since you hijacked this thread you don't have a Proliant DL380 G7 server running VMWare v5.0u3, right?

What is your hardware and ILO version?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Faisal Khan Niazi
Occasional Visitor

i was having exactly same problem and found a solution with hit and try!

1. Try to connect via IE version 8.

2. if no luck then try same (ie 8) from an old PC, i.e windows 2003 or windwos xp. abunto etc.

3. once connected. immediatly update the FW in order to resume normal access.

Good luck.

Faisal

Shanmugaraj
Occasional Contributor

Exactly the same issue. I could able to SSH to the iLO but the web interface was not accessible. Tried using IE9. Everything started working fine. Thanks

menad

Exactly the same issue. go to the internet options in IE , and desactivate "use TLS 1.2" .