New Discussion

iLO upgrades for Proliant DL380 G5 and G6 servers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrew Kaplan
Super Advisor

iLO upgrades for Proliant DL380 G5 and G6 servers

Hello -- 

I have been asked to look into upgrading the iLO software on our legacy Proliant DL380 G5 and G6 servers. So far, I have been able to locate the following packages:

* RECOMMENDED * System ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade for HP ProLiant DL380 G6 (P62) Servers (For USB Key-Media) (American, International)

Management Component Pack for CentOS 5 (i386 and x86_64) (American, International)

Are either of these two packages appropriate for upgrading the ilO on the server?  Thanks. 

A Journey In The Quest Of Knowledge
2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: iLO upgrades for Proliant DL380 G5 and G6 servers

Both systems have iLO2, you need to download the following file

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5294357&swItemId=MTX_5ffcc1df518c47a9870785ac51&swEnvOid=4004#tab2

You mention CentOS, this is a .scexe file, basically it is a self extracting tarball.  Follow the instructions information at the above link to unpack the file.  Once you have the .bin file you can update the firmware using the iLO web interface

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Andrew Kaplan
Super Advisor

Re: iLO upgrades for Proliant DL380 G5 and G6 servers

Hello --

Thank-you for your e-mail. I downloaded the file in question, and applied it to one of our systems. The installation was successful, and I was able to log into the ilO page without issue. 

A Journey In The Quest Of Knowledge