New Discussion

Re: iLO3 1.60 availability?

SOLVED
Go to solution
JoostdeHeer
Advisor

iLO3 1.60 availability?

Hello,

A recent security bulletin provided several links to a new iLO3 firmware version (1.60) but none of the download links seem to work. Has this update been retracted, or is there another reason why I can't download the new firmware?

Joost

9 REPLIES 9
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor
Solution

iLO3 1.60 was pulled due to an issue discovered after it was published to the FTP.  Some blades could fail to power on after updating iLO3 to version 1.60 and they required iLO3 to be restored to factory defaults to solve the power on issue.

We are working on releasing ILO3 1.61 as soon as possible.

Oscar on the spot again -- thanks! Your presence in this forum is invaluable and very much appreciated.

I got the alert yesterday and pushed out the iLO 4 update to my systems but was wondering where the heck the iLO 3 update was. A while back I disabled network IPMI wherever I could, but welcome an updated iLO so that systems aren't vulnerable during setup or if they fall through the cracks.

In the meantime I'm working on getting a sort of private global VLAN set up for iLO/ILOM/etc interfaces to live on so they aren't accessible at all to the outside.

I'll subscribe to this thread in case availability is announced here, and will watch for another Critical Alert notification.

Now, to figure out if the SPLD update warrants rebooting all my DL380's sooner rather than later ...
mccccc123

Hi there!

could anyone hint if there's a kind of comprehensive portal or smth which contains iLO from all HP servers. e.g. I have 10 servers proliant and would like to operate every iLO promptly...

sure, i can use favourites in my web-browser)

JoostdeHeer
Advisor

@mccccc123 wrote:

Hi there!

could anyone hint if there's a kind of comprehensive portal or smth which contains iLO from all HP servers. e.g. I have 10 servers proliant and would like to operate every iLO promptly...

sure, i can use favourites in my web-browser)

You could use HP SIM for that.

Joost

JoostdeHeer
Advisor

@Oscar A. Perez wrote:

iLO3 1.60 was pulled due to an issue discovered after it was published to the FTP.  Some blades could fail to power on after updating iLO3 to version 1.60 and they required iLO3 to be restored to factory defaults to solve the power on issue.

We are working on releasing ILO3 1.61 as soon as possible.

Hello Oscar,

Thank you for the update. Will there be a new security bulletin when it's released or do I just have to check the old builletin for updated links now and then?

Joost

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

My understanding is that the existing security bulletin will be updated as soon as version 1.61 becomes available.

Understood. Since lately quite a few notifications for products to which I'm subscribe haven't been sent at all I'll just check manually a couple of times a week.
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

iLO3 v1.61 has been released to the FTP

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows x64
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p1728391553/v89958

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows x86
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p901462262/v89959

Online ROM Flash Component for Linux
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-linux-fw-ilo/p1255562964/v89960

Online ROM Flash Component for VMware ESXi
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-linux-fw-ilo/p1743850587/v89961