ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752341 Members
5540 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

ILOAmplifier Baseline Compliance Report fails with Exception / not all server selectable

ralfgro
Advisor

ILOAmplifier Baseline Compliance Report fails with Exception / not all server selectable

Hi,

with ILOAmplifier 1.60 I sometimes get an Exception. Some Compliance Reports are runnig fine, some fail with this Exception.  And I can't select all server that were discovered.

2020-06-02 09_59_14.png

2020-06-02 10_12_34.png

Discovered but not selectable servers:

2020-06-02 10_15_39.png

6 REPLIES 6
ralfgro
Advisor

Re: ILOAmplifier Baseline Compliance Report fails with Exception / not all server selectable

So I redeployed 1.60 because I had added a license for only 100 servers before, now I changed this to 1000. Even after fresh redeployment and rediscover of server, I get this Exception. It'd really be nice to get some more feedback from ILOAmplifier what is causing it.

ksram
HPE Pro

Re: ILOAmplifier Baseline Compliance Report fails with Exception / not all server selectable

Hi @ralfgro,

Could you please confirm what is the ILO Firmware versions of the Servers which are failing and also check the Firmware versions of few Servers which are added successfully.

Thank you

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ralfgro
Advisor

It does not always fail with the same ILO's, I had now some failed jobs and some that succeeded. ILO's are version 2.73.

ralfgro
Advisor

In the past days I was able run some reports successfully, Yesterday one job failed again. All the ILO's inside this job were part of other successfull jobs.

2020-06-05 09_57_27.png

As you can see for this particular server sometime the job runs without exception, sometimes not.

2020-06-05 09_56_01.png2020-06-05 09_53_55.png

After the last failed job, I reran the compliance report on the first server that failed and it just ran fine.

2020-06-05 10_03_33.png

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @ralfgro ,

Try the same to re-run and check, it could be due to a Network glitch / disconnections I guess.

Also when the ecpection happeds, try to click on more details / more information / view details and share the picture of the same to see if that gives more details / any specific error on any item.

Thank you

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @ralfgro ,

Adding to the main thread, regarding the number of registered Servers and License

At the time of registration to download HPE iLO Amplifier, when you specify the estimated number of servers, it will create Activation Key on bases of information provided.

This activation key is used at the first time you login to iLO amplifier, later you cannot change this activation key from iLO amplifier appliance or host.

Option to change “Registered for number of servers” value is as below : 

If you want to change "Registered for number of servers", you have to register on iLO Amplifier Pack page again and select any one of the below estimated number of servers and it will generate activation key accordingly.

https://iloamplifierpack.itcs.hpe.com/

Later take backup of your existing iLO Amplifier.

Deploy new HPE iLO Amplifier appliance and activate with new activation key.

Then restore the backup of your existing iLO amplifier to new iLO Amplifier appliance.

Thank you

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo