1752590 Members
3767 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Intelligent Provisioning Firmware Update not working

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

IP needs to get the firmware from either a local source or hpe.com, it is not included.
you may set up a local repository - this is more or less what OneView does.
however, IP is used for Provisioning and maintenance, fw update is IMHO not the primary purpose.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
GregDrive

I am not sure how many HP servers that I have had but this has been the most annoying issue.

Loading Windows 2016 Standard Core on a ProLiant MicroServer Gen8.  The firmware was on 1.63 and it needs to 1.64 for Windows 2016.

I got a run time error trying to update the firmware through IP, and a BMC unresponsive when loading from the flash drive.

The solution to my issue was plug the ILo port in as I only had the NIC1 plugged in.  I have had a lot of HP Server dating back to 2000 and this is the first time that I had to have the ILo port in use.  Live and Learn and I hope this post helps someone.

BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

I can not agree more. These are boxes at the price point of a used Honda Civic yet we have to deal with defects that never before existed in the pre-HPE merger quality control times. IMHO this is an embarrassment to a company which was once an iconic server maker!

Robenildo

After update "42493_001_Intelligent_Provisioning_2.50-HPIP250.2016_1015.169.iso" the Intelligent Provisioning did update successfully from the HP website.

BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

@Robenildo de Oliveira Thanks and good to know. I will try it ASAP. Thanks for posting the actual ISO file name. That's very helpful!

PatChannel
Visitor

I cannot seem to get Intelligent Provisioning updated at all. 

I've tried through IP Maintenance, after clicking the button to update, an error "TypeError:nessieinventroy is undefined" & "flash,js:233" is returned.  I've used both DHCP and static addresses.

I've tried to boot with the ISO for IP update.  It boots into IP Recovery, Then after communicating with iLO, "Error Flahing NVRAM" is displayed and then reboots

I've tried to boot with the SPP.  It attemps to boot to the CD, but fails.  The first time using the same dvd, it tried to boot with Linux.

Any help?

BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

I can confirm that on Gen 9 (those are the IP 2.x) HPIP250.2016_1015.169.iso does work. 

@PatChannel your error seems to indicate defective hardware; I would get a case going with HPE and if you're under contract imho they would likely swap the mobo

Thanks

~B

Lercamo

Me sucedió algo similar, corrí unas actualizaciones disponibles en la web de HP, antes debí generar un ticket de servicio a una USB en un archivo de texto desde la página de soporte de HP,  luego de validar, y hacer el proceso, genero un mensaje de actualización exitosa, pero al reiniciar corre otro proceso, generaba un error de conexión con el FTP de descarga de HP, hace un conteo tratando de conectarse

Se solucionó al cambiar la tarjeta de red de modo IP estática a modo DHCP, el cambio se hace dentro del SO, ingrese de nuevo a intelligent provisioning (Tecla F10), automáticamente se corre el proceso de nuevo, descargo todos los archivos y ahora entra a la opción F10 sin problema

Google translated: 

Something similar happened to me, I ran some updates available on the HP website, before I had to generate a service ticket to a USB in a text file from the HP support page, after validating, and doing the process, I generate a message update successful, but when restarting another process runs, it generated a connection error with the HP download FTP, it does a countdown trying to connect

It was solved when changing the network card from static IP mode to DHCP mode, the change is made within the OS, enter intelligent provisioning again (F10 key), the process is automatically run again, I download all the files and now enter to option F10 without problem