ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751763 Members
5745 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Intelligent provisioning not working after ugrade to 3.1.1.

SOLVED
Go to solution
AndreaValori
Occasional Advisor

Intelligent provisioning not working after ugrade to 3.1.1.

Hi, I'm trying to setup 10 DL360Gen10 server in short time as possibile. To do this, the first step I take is upgrade to the latest SPP availavble (2019.12.0); after upgrading all as suggested, I'm able to launch from BIOS/startup SSA, IP and other tools embedded in the system. The second step I take is upgrade the IP from version 3.1.0 to the latest (3.1.1) using USB recovery media; after upgrade and reboot, software tools like SSA, IP aren't available (if I try to launch from BIOS, black screen for a while and return to BIOS again). As remediation I've tried to reset via BIOS to the default system settings/default system manufacturing settings but with no success. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Andrea.

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Latest IP Version is 3.40

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_5ce88031fe2640c0b83a27df1d

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
AndreaValori
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply, but v3.40 refers to Gen10 Plus, not Gen10's servers. Anyway, I'll try to upgrade to that and report results here.

Thanks again, Andrea.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@AndreaValori wrote:

Thanks for your reply, but v3.40 refers to Gen10 Plus, not Gen10's servers. Anyway, I'll try to upgrade to that and report results here.

Thanks again, Andrea.

IP recovery v3.40 is for both Gen10 and Gen10 Plus.  I have made the IP team aware it is not very clear on the download page.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
AndreaValori
Occasional Advisor

Tried update to v3.40 as suggested. Process appears to complete fine but nothing as changed. The strange is that from the iLO browser page if I open Intelligent Provisioning the page reports v 3.30.213, like nothing has updated (nor v3.31 or v 3.40 appears installed on server). Maybe reset the NVRAM can helps? In iLO4 there was a command to do this, but I can't find the same in iLO5 (can I reset all and start again?): please note that reset all by RBSU doesn't help, tried just yesterday. Thanks in advance, Andrea.

AndreaValori
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Finally I solve myself: I have to revert to factory default and reset the iLO via RBSU; after that I am able to reinstall the Intelligent Provisioning via the recovery media and all other software (IP, SSA, Diagnostics) appear again via System Utilities. Thanks, I hope this will be useful for other peoples.