ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752567 Members
5360 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Large drive support on DL320

Henry_71

Large drive support on DL320

I have a DL320 G2 w/ 3.06Ghz w/ 1GB RAM. i try to install two Maxtor 250GB ATA-100 drives to it but the DL320 only recongize 137GB on each drive.

I like to use it with W2K server with RAID-1 enable. Does anyone know how to make the DL320 see the full 250GB partition? I tried the Maxtor Big-Large Drive Utility but it doesn't do the work. if anyone has large drive installation experience, please help!
4 REPLIES 4
Stf
Esteemed Contributor

Did you try upgrading firmware?

Stf ;-)
Henry_71

Yes. It has the latest firmware and I look at the HP QuickSpec and it says it only supports upto 137GB on a 160GB drive.

Does anyone know how to go beyond the 137GB barrier?

Tks! -Henry
Stf
Esteemed Contributor

I read HP's quickspecs too, and I don't want to be pessimistic but if you were at latest firmware and if this is wrote, I think it's impossible...

Stf ;-)
e4services
Honored Contributor

Disable the onboard controller and add a new Adaptec IDE RAID controller card. (A new adapter card will bypass the system BIOS and operating systemâ s controller driver and will uses its own BIOS and controller driver.)

Unfortunately, the onboard IDE controller does not support 48 bit LBA, therefore is limited to 137GB. This is typical with older systems, and not just your Proliant but most all older IDE controllers.
The Maxtor utility changes lines in the registry for large drive support, but works only on Windows 2000/SP3 and XP/SP1, Server may not be support
Hot Swap Hard Drives