1752647 Members
5664 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LO100i Remote KVM not Working

Allen Huang_1
Frequent Advisor

LO100i Remote KVM not Working

How can we get the virtual KVM working in the Lights-Out 100 ILO of DL170 systems?

Perhaps it's user error, but going to the Virtual KVM (i.e. http://r7c1418-maint ) gives a a Java applet that doesn't show the screen, just hotkeys.

We already installed Advanced license key.
Do we need a dedicated NIC?
4 REPLIES 4

Did you ever get this figured out? We have a DL160 G6 doing the same thing after a system board replacement.
Ali
HPE Pro

HI Allen,

ILO 100 firmware update/reflashing has resolved the similar issue I had on 100 series server. please be patient while updaint ILO 100 as it takes 10-15 mins.

However, Make sure you have Java Virtual Machine installed and enabled from the browser.

Please let me if this helps,

thanks
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Allen Huang_1
Frequent Advisor

It turned out that the NVIDIA Quadro FX5800 graphic card interferes with the Remote Console Client. With the card installed, only the graphic for the Java client displays. None of the text beneath the logo shows up. The remote console window opens but it shrinks down to only the toolbar. After removing the graphics card, the virtual KVM works. Also, the text displayed beneath the Remote Console graphic. My guess is that The LO100 ASIC handles the integrated graphics so that├в s how the KVMS is set up to operate. You can't get virtual KVM when you├в re not using the integrated video.
Christian B.
Super Advisor

We have the same issue with a Quadro 2000 card installed in a DL 180 with a LO 100i.
The virtual KVM screen shows only the controls.