4798 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Looking for SoftPaq SP34692 - ProLiant ML110 G4 SATA Configuration Utility

Overnet
Occasional Advisor

Looking for SoftPaq SP34692 - ProLiant ML110 G4 SATA Configuration Utility

Hi all,

I've to reinstall a MS Windows Server 2003 to recover application data in an old ML100 G4 that it has the following problem

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c00911913

unfortunately the link to download

SoftPaq SP34692 - ProLiant ML110 G4 SATA Configuration Utility

doesn't work anymore.

Please some of you did still have a copy of this SoftPaq to send to me?

Many thanks for your help

best regards

Paolo Zanobini

pz.paolozanobini@gmail.com

8 REPLIES 8
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Here is the link from hpe.com portal.
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3186421&swItemId=MTX_9553913a25fe499aa09e22cfe2&swEnvOid=4184

According to the advisory, option 9 "Select the Download button next to the description HP Embedded SATA RAID Controller Driver Version 1.2.5567.0 (or later)", the above link is for this version of driver but the file name and contents names may be changed.

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Thumb below.  Kudos is a way of saying thank you to a post.
Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Overnet
Occasional Advisor

Hi Suman_1978 (HPE Pro)

many thanks for your link, but unfortunately I've got already this driver.
To understand why I need SoftPaq SP34692 (as I wrote in my post) you should read the 
HPE Support Communication - Customer Advisory document ID: c00911913
see link here below
In fact what it's important to have, prior to the driver, it's the:

SoftPaq SP34692 - ProLiant ML110 G4 SATA Configuration Utility

In the HPE Support Communication - Customer Advisory document ID: c00911913 it is clear:

To reenable the HP Embedded SATA Setup, download the ProLiant ML110 G4 SATA Configuration Utility, available as SoftPaq SP34692. The ProLiant ML110 G4 SATA Configuration Utility is a DOS-based utility that will reenable the HP Embedded SATA Setup during Power-On Self-Test (POST). The ProLiant ML110 G4 SATA Configuration Utility is available as SoftPaq SP34692 at the following URL:

SP34692 - ProLiant ML110 G4 SATA Configuration Utility 
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-windows/p300372215/v40500/ 

I'll be very grateful to receive the appropriate link of the SoftPaq or even the Configuration Utility itself if someone already downloaded.

Anyway many thanks to have tried to  help me.
best regards
Overnet
Paolo
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I understand what you are asking for, but I'm not sure why you need this.  The advisory reports some systems were shipped wrong from the factory and this softpaq makes a configuration change.  You say you need to recover data from a previously configured system, so one would reasonably expect that this update was already performed on this system several years ago.  What exactly is the issue you are having now?  A screen shot might help

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Overnet
Occasional Advisor

Great Jimmy,

I've received the system with a pci RAID Fasttrak board and all the 2 system disks connected to the board.

The OS it's damaged and I don't want to use those disks. (obviously)

To reinstall the Win server 2003 I should have the driver for this board that unfortunately doesn't exist anymore.

So I thought was faster and clever finally uses the internal sata raid controller

That the reason I'm here at this point.

Many thanks for your trying to understand my situation

please can you try to look for the SP34692?

all of the best

Overnet

Paolo

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

SP34692 is not a driver for the embedded controller.  SP34692 changes the controller from an Intel specific mode to an HP supported RAID mode.  For what you are trying to accomplish I'd just install in plain SATA mode, but without a driver specific to the  Promise FastTrak board you may not be able to access the data.  Both of these solutions are what most consider 'fake' RAID as the driver is what provides the actuall RAID functions, not the controller.  Unfortunately I can find no current reference to the softpaq you are looking for.

Overnet
Occasional Advisor

Jimmy,

many thanks again.

1- I can install WIN server 2003 as a normal SATA HD without problem but I can't use RAID configuration

--> so no redundancy of course

2- I can have access to one of the two HD previously connected to the Fasttrack as a simple HD SATA

--> retrieve data after running the user application based on sql2000 and server 2003 32 bit code

3-I can search in the market a PCI SATA RAID controller with the WIN Server 2003 driver

--> I don't know if I can achieve but of course at this step I may force the customer to migrate it's user application. Unfortunately the developer doesn't exist anymore

4-I can make different configuration to come back in a working environment

--> then I can even purchase a G5 ML110 to avoid these problems and let the customer move to a different application as soon as they can without a real migration (change completely even their methodology)

5-I have only tried to use the most easely way using internal controller believing was the fast way

--> erroneous thinking was fast and easily

I know very well that SP34692 itsn't a sw driver and I have appreciate so much your understanding me and the situation

Best regards

Overnet

Paolo

Overnet
Occasional Advisor

The absurdity that in all the libraries inside HPE worldwide there is not this SP34692.
I can not believe.
HP Inc. has a Softpaq download manager application that contains all the Softpaqs released over the years.
Obiously it does not contain those related to servers.
Is there anyone who may have downloaded or saved this SP34692 somewhere?

many thanks

Overnet

Paolo

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

If this system original had the issue identified by the advisory, one would assume this update/fix would have been applied when the system was put into operation.   With the original configuration appearing that the system was booting from the additional controller card, and not the embedded controller have you verified the embedded controller was not simply disabled in System ROM?   This thread may help determine status. https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/ML110-G4-Raid-Setup/td-p/5053331

I suggested plain SATA mode as the original posts states you wanted to recover data, not that you were trying to put the system back into production.  

This server has been out of production for 10 years. The G5 replacement you suggested has been out of production for 8 years.