ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752808 Members
6303 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Memory configuration error on DL580 G7

Rjsivarama

Memory configuration error on DL580 G7

Just installed memory cartridge with 4 DIMMS.  I installed the DIMMS as recommended (1A and 8A, 2C and 7C) so on.  When I boot up I don't see any display.  My ilo shows "Maintenance note: Memory Configuration Error: System boot halted.".  unfortunately the support expired a while ago.  any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
m_icha
HPE Pro

Re: Memory configuration error on DL580 G7

Hello Rjsivarama,

Please provide us some additional information such as:

• How many CPUs are currently installed?
  • Which is the memory size that you aim to reach after the memory upgrade?
  • Provide the memory configuration for all CPUs that you currently have. You may locate that info from iLO web administrator (copy & paste).

You may also consult the "HPE ProLiant DL580 G7 Server - Configuring Memory" advisory: HPE ProLiant DL580 G7 Server - Configuring Memory on how to configure memory & ensure that you have followed the correct memory population rules.

In addtion, it is always recommended prior any HW upgrades (i.e. CPU, Memory) to have server BIOS upgraded. Please ensure that BIOS is newer than 2013. The below link will redirect you to hpe.com/support site in the drivers & download section, however, bear in mind that entitlement is required in order to download BIOS:  Drivers and Downloads for DL580 G7

m_icha

I'm an HPE Employee
Need assistance? Contact HPE Support
How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!