1752795 Members
6274 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Mini PCI SAS HP DL360e Gen8

paulohnk
Occasional Contributor

Mini PCI SAS HP DL360e Gen8

I want to connect two network cards in my HP DL360e Gen8, but I would have to take out my controller card that is in one of the PCIe, I realized that there is a mini SAS input and my question is if I can connect my two disks to this input and if I need to change something in the BIOS for it to work.

/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/94610iB06C2E2CA640AE8A/image-size/large?v=1.0&px=2000

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Paul_J_K
HPE Pro

The mini SAS port that you are pointing at is the embedded RAID card port and this is partly software/driver controlled which will be more of an entry level performance compared to a full fledged hardware exclusive RAID. 

You may also consider installing a PCI device into the 8X slot in the other side of the riser card where it is marked (that makes space only for 1 card extra.

You can also check with pre-sales team or reseller for options of installting multiple risers in the available slots each having more than one PCI slot.

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
paulohnk
Occasional Contributor

in my specific case I intend to use a raid via software. Can you tell me which driver I have to download to the built-in raid port?

Thanks