1753764 Members
4928 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

ML 350 G4 Hard Drive failure replacement issues

cwestbrook
Occasional Visitor

ML 350 G4 Hard Drive failure replacement issues

I had a hard drive failure and replaced it with a new drive just like the old one.  I have six physical drives setup into three logical drives.  The first three drives seem to handle the first two logical drives.  After I installed the drive it said on bootup that the drives were optimizing and that my performance will increase afterwards.  It gets stuck on trying to boot from hard drive.  I put in the windows server 2003 standard cd and when I choose repair a copy of windows it says that there is no hard disk on the system.  When I use the smartstart CD it says the drives are there and all of them are ok.  Same thing when I press F8 during post when the controller information appears.  Now when I reboot it does not say anything about optimizing, but still hangs on trying to boot from hard drive and windows still says there is no hard drive.  Is there something I'm missing?

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: ML 350 G4 Hard Drive failure replacement issues

From what is being described, one might guess that the first three drives mentioned in the post form part of RAID 5, and that when replacing the drive, a good drive was removed leaving one defective drive, one working drive and a new drive, which in effect broke the array.

Generate the Array Diagnostics Utility report and check the status of the array.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

cwestbrook
Occasional Visitor

Re: ML 350 G4 Hard Drive failure replacement issues

What do I need to look for on the array diagnostic utility report?