1752307 Members
5324 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML 350P LFF Drive expansion

jab25
Visitor

ML 350P LFF Drive expansion

We have a Proliant ML350P with built in 6 drive bay.  We ordered another 6 drive cage kit (PN:659485-B21), but it did not come with a power cable.  Also, I want to use this with the existing SAS RAID controller.  How do you go about cabling the new drive array to the mini SAS a&b?  Do you daisy chain the cables as there are only two connectors on the motherboard?

Can I just order a backplane power connector or do I need to order a new cage?

What is the correct part number to make this work in our server?

Thanks,

John

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Refer to this older POST:
https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/Additional-HDD-LFF-cage-ML350p-Gen8/td-p/6993216

If you need any help in Cabling, refer to this pdf file.
http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03251598-13.pdf

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

jab25
Visitor

Hi Suman,

Thanks for the reply.  I did find the information about the additional RAID card elsewhere and ordered it.  It came in today and I was able to add it to the HP server in an epansion slot.  Now I still have two problems.  

1..  The SAS cables that came wtih the cage are not long enough

2. The cage did not come with a power cable.  

I can order 1meter SAS Cables separately, but how do we get the power cable?

Thanks in advance,

John

jab25
Visitor

We are still having problems with this drive cage.  We ordered a RAID card but found that the cage was missing a power cable.  The company we ordered the part sent a cable but it is not correct.  The second cage uses a different power cable than the first.  Can you find the correct part number to allow an HP 2nd cage to connect power?

Thanks,

John

mymateben

Were there any answers in relation to the power cable options required for the drive cages??