1752656 Members
5829 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML10 iLo Support

HPMAN333
Occasional Visitor

ML10 iLo Support

The ML10 (837826-001) doesn't come with an iLo port built in, and I am trying to find an iLo add in card that is supported by this system.  Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

This very basic entry model supports Intel┬о Active Management Technology

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
HPMAN333
Occasional Visitor

Spoiler

Thanks Torsten.  Intel┬о Active Management Technology probably won't cut it for our environment as our support infrastructure requires iLo functionality on production servers.  Since this is a server class device (although an inexpensive one), I would assume an actual HP iLo card would work in it.  We tried an iLo card that we typically use in higher end HP servers, but it wasn't recognized by the system.  Are there multiple iLo card options out there we could look into?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

this "smallest" entry server is probably the only model without ILO. ILO is a chip on the board, what kind of "ILO card" did you try?
the "bigger" servers have a dedicated LAN port, the entry models usually come with a shared port and an optional dedicated port, but I'm not aware of an ILO option at all.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@HPMAN333 wrote:

Spoiler

Thanks Torsten.  Intel┬о Active Management Technology probably won't cut it for our environment as our support infrastructure requires iLo functionality on production servers.  Since this is a server class device (although an inexpensive one), I would assume an actual HP iLo card would work in it.  We tried an iLo card that we typically use in higher end HP servers, but it wasn't recognized by the system.  Are there multiple iLo card options out there we could look into?

iLO is embedded in the system and not an add-in card. Some entry level servers have an optional dedicated iLO network port instead of using the embedded NIC in shared mode. Most ProLiant servers ship with a dedicated iLO port.  Early on there was a RILOE plug-in board, but that has been an option for close to 25 years.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
HPMAN333
Occasional Visitor

I tried the HP Microserver Remote Access Card (615095-B21).  It is my understanding that the Microserver is being phased out and its "replacement" is the ML10, so I assumed this iLo card would work in the ML10, but it doesn't.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

This card is for the Microserver G7, a different architecture.

The Microserver Gen8 has ILO4, the Microserver Gen10 comes without ILO.

As said, the ML10 is probably the only Gen9 server without an ILO, beginning with the ML30 Gen9 and DL20 Gen9 all servers have an ILO4.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The MicroServer Gen8  has been replaced with the Microserver Gen10.  The Gen8 MicroServer had iLO embedded, (the Gen10 does not have iLO)

The part you are referencing was for the original MicroServer which stopped shipping about a year ago. I don't think it was actually an iLO card, but some other type of BMC for remote access

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!