3583 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML110 g4 RAID nightmare

Thomas Beckingham
Occasional Advisor

ML110 g4 RAID nightmare

any help would be great,

I got a Proliant ML110 g4 system and tried to use HP embedded SATA RAID controller to build RAID-1 on the two 160 drives that came with it, after every 10% it would lock up and I would have to rebuild it. After calling HP support they were going to send out someone to replace the harddrives in it, but they were taking too long, so we went and swapped out the whole system for a complete replacement.

This time it was set incorrectly in the factory to the Intel matrix, see http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=au&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=3186395&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3186395&objectID=c00911913

I went and boughta usb floppy drive so I could complete the operation, followed the instructions there rebooted went into the F8 Raid utility went to set up RAID-1 again and this time it freezes and reboots every 15%... this isn't good enough =( I need a stable system that works. Please help
5 REPLIES 5
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Thomas Beckingham
Occasional Advisor

karlo thanks for the reply, but if you had followed the link in my post ... you would have seen that it is the same one that you linked to, I have already done that.

I patiently rebuilt the raid array every 15% until it reached 100, tried to install win2k3 server with usb floppy drive but it keeps asking for the driver in A: even though the disk and driver is there.

I've tried slipsreaming the driver in with n-lite still no joy
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

sorry about the link

try this

" MiloMann,

This is almost certainly a driver issue. Retrieve the spare number (SPN) from your controller and search the HP support site for drivers for that particular part number. If the driver is incorrect, it will not load when Windows wants to install and will appear to be a floppy drive access problem. That is not the case in most instances.

Check your driver for your controller. I had the wrong one, and everything worked once I loaded the correct controller driver courtesy of HP support.

Good Luck"

if that does not work try the steps on the file doc that I attached

regards

any luck tell me ok
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Thomas Beckingham
Occasional Advisor

karlo thanks for the reply, thanks for trying to help, but I think with this one hp have tried there best to make it impossible.

Following the instructions in the document are impossible as the G4 bios no longer has the option to configure the USB to be a floppy.

using the driver that corresponded with the number on the chip was just as unsuccessful as using the driver supplied on the cd or downloaded from the internet.
Overnet
Occasional Advisor

Hi all,

I've to reinstall a MS Windows Server 2003 to recover application data in an old ML100 G4 that it has the following problem

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c00911913

unfortunately the link to download

SoftPaq SP34692 - ProLiant ML110 G4 SATA Configuration Utility

doesn't work anymore.

Please some of you did still have a copy of this SoftPaq to send to me?

Many thanks for your help

best regards

Paolo Zanobini