ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753930 Members
10121 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 G2 Expansion ROM not initialized

MarKenin

So I have a pair of ML150G2 SATA "servers" (I'll reserve my new judgment for the sake of decency).

According to the HP tech rep I spoke to, the problem is that the ML150G2 is not ACTUALLY "Expandable" and "Industry Standard" as the slick sheets claim. If you attempt to use anything outside of the controllers available at time of purchase (4/6 port SATA RAID, SCSI controller, et. al) then you are tough out of luck.

You tape options are the old DAT 40/72 options, and "external storage" options are limited to the 160GB USB drive by Seagate. Anything outside of that (including my HP-5302-256 w/ MSA30) is not supported and (to quote my rep) "will never be recognized".

If you have this stellar piece of HP engineering, look for the tax right-off in donating it to some other schmuck, because HP will not do anything to help you.
john bleskone

hello, i have the same message on ML110 with adaptec 2940uw, aha2940uw, and also i cannot boot from scsi disk.

The problem has gone when the bios on aha2940 card was upgraded to 2.20 version ..
AlXhongRinpoche

It happens only for the Proliant HP G3 ML series.

The proliant G3 ML150 that I have as a 64 bit Bios.

It makes an error while reading an external 64 bit Bios that is downgraded to 32 bit function.

It is the only Computer series that makes this error. It cannot downgrade the 64 bit Bios because it is a 64 bit Bios. It can read 32 bit Bios's but not downgrade a 64 bit Bios to 32 bit Bios.

Im other words: You cannot use a 64 bits card that as a 64bits bios and a 64 bit connector on a 32 bits PCI slot. You abolutly have to connect it on 64 bit expansion slot, because the PCs bios cannot handle the hardware downgrade of a 64bit card in a 32 bit slot, because the card as a 64 bits bios.. Of caurse we speak of SCSI cards or other cards that posses their own BIOSs.