ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753819 Members
9130 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

ML150 G6 and adding RAID after Windows has been installed

ron_202

ML150 G6 and adding RAID after Windows has been installed

I have a Ml150G6 that I took over support for from another IT consultant.  It is running Windows 2008 SBS.  For some unknown reason (at least to me), the former IT guy used Windows software mirroring.   I want to get rid of the software mirror and start using the B110 controller.  So I have imaged the system using Acronis Backup Essentials and restored to a single drive which converted the dynamic disk into a basic disk when I restore.   So far so good.  Now the problem.  If I enable the B110, create a Raid 1 set and restore the image, the server will not completely boot.  I know this is because the B110 drivers are not found.found.  I can of course put everything back and it works with the software mirrrong.  I am using a couple of new drives for my testing.   I think I need to preinstall the B110 drivers on the original system before I take the image used to restore.  Problem is the HP B110 drives don't want to install without the B110 activated.   

Does anybody know how to preinstall the HP B110 drivers on the Windows 2008 SBS system running on software mirroring so that when I backup and restore to the B110 mirrored drives the B110 drivers will be active and installed letting the system boot.