New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML30 Gen9 - Power Supply

SOLVED
Go to solution
rz2
Advisor

ML30 Gen9 - Power Supply

Hello,

is it possible to change the Power Supply in the ML30 Gen9 Base Model from One 350W Non-Redundant to Two 460W Redundant Power Supplies later? I think there is a Upgrade Part for that, right? 

Also is it possible to change later from 4 LFF non-Hot Plug to Hot Plug or even 8 SFF Hot-Plug?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Kashyap02
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi rz2

Question 1: Yes you upgrade to 460W PSU. This requires a 4U Redundant Power Supply Enablement Kit along with the 460W Power supplies.

Question 2: Yes, you can upgrade your 4 LFF Non Hot Plug drivers to 8 SFF Hot Plug Drives. This requires HPE ML30 Gen9 8 Small Form Factor Hot Plug Hard Drive Cage Kit
The SFF Kit is the cage plus backplane and designed to convert from any LFF configuration to SFF.

Part numbers for these kits are mentioned in the below quickspecs.

Please refer to the below quickspecs:

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=c04834991

Page 23 - PSU related information
Page 19 - HDD related information

If I have answered your queries, please give us Kudos.

Thank you.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

rz2
Advisor

Ok, good. Is it the same with the Ml30 Gen10? Are the Partnumbers here different?

Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Hi rz2, 

Part numbers for the ML30 Gen10 are different as 460W PSU are not available for this model. This server uses more efficient 500W PSU. 

Please refer to the ML30 Gen10 Quickspecs below. 

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00053821enus ( Page: 23)

Thank you.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

rz2
Advisor

Good to know, thanks for the Information.