ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753798 Members
8007 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

ML310 G8 v2, B120i RAID 10. Rebuild question.

chronicfathead

ML310 G8 v2, B120i RAID 10. Rebuild question.

Hi All

I have a customer with an ML310e G8 v2 server and B120i raid controller, which currently has a 4 disk RAID 10, using 10K SATA WD Velociraptors.  One of the disks died, and was replaced under warranty by WD.

I have fitted the new disk in the empty drive bay, and started the server, but when I look at the diagnostics, it says pending rebuild.  I have rebooted the server as recommended elsewhere, but this hasn't started the rebuild process.

From what I read, I need to manually start the rebuild when booting the server, by pressing F1.

My question is, whill the server continue to reboot normally, or will it be sat rebuilding, pre Windows for a week?

The customer has 1TB of data, and it lists a rebuild rate of 15 minutes per GB, so 1TB would take nearly a week to complete.  Can someone confirm that once F1 is pressed, the server will continue to boot into Windows and continue rebuilding in the background?

Many Thanks

Danny

2 REPLIES 2
sdmitriev1
Valued Contributor

Re: ML310 G8 v2, B120i RAID 10. Rebuild question.

"the server will continue to boot into Windows and continue rebuilding in the background" - yes, it will 

chronicfathead

Re: ML310 G8 v2, B120i RAID 10. Rebuild question.

HI 

Can anyone else confirm this, and I'll mark as a solution.

Thanks