108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML310e Gen8 V2 with Server 2016 Hyper-V

SOLVED
Go to solution
RobertoAzon
Occasional Visitor

Hola, no encuentro la opcion que hay que deshabilitar en bios, no veo nada de VT ni VTD, he actualizado firmware a version 2018. he actualizado el inteligent y nada, cuando instalo el rol de hyper-v se reinicia y se queda colgado en el logo de windows hay que tener una version especifica de firwmare??

un saludo Gracias!

-----------------------------

Google Translation

Hello, I can not find the option to disable in bios, I do not see anything from VT or VTD, I have updated firmware to version 2018. I have updated the inteligent and nothing, when I install the role of hyper-v it restarts and hangs on the windows logo must have a specific version of firwmare ??

a greeting Thank you!

-----------------------------

LeandroT

Pude acceder al server nuevamente desactivando el VT-D

Primer punto, porque anda en 2008 R2 y no en 2016.

Segundo punto, el VT-D hace que uno pueda virtualizar un sistema operativo de 64 bits dentro de otro, por ende a virtualizar solo cosas de 32, ¿porque?, si el server lo compramos, si cobran contratos de mantenimiento, porque si desde el 2017 que se reporto van 2 años y nadie de HP hizo nada

La verdad me da mucha verguenza que den un soporte como el que dan y la verdad que no es barato, cada vez mas convencido de comprar menos HP.

Tercer punto, dan el tema como solucionado!!!!, no esta solucionado!, podemos hacer que ande pero no con toda la funcionalidad, de que solucion me hablan, de una para salir del paso, pero de solucion esta muy lejos de serlo.

Disculpen mi bronca, pase muchos dias peleando con esto, y la verdad es una verguenza la solucion.

LeandroT

I was able to access the server again by deactivating the VT-D

First point, because you walk in 2008 R2 and not in 2016.

Second point, the VT-D makes it possible to virtualize a 64-bit operating system inside another, therefore to virtualize only things of 32, why ?, If the server we buy it, if they charge maintenance contracts, because if from the 2017 that is reported go 2 years and nobody from HP did anything

The truth gives me a lot of embarrassment that give a support as they give and the truth that is not cheap, increasingly more convinced to buy less HP.

Third point, give the subject as solved !!!!, is not solved !, we can make it walk but not with all the functionality, what solution they talk to me, one to get out of step, but the solution is far from being so .

Excuse my anger, spend many days fighting with this, and the truth is a shame the solution.

MarceloLinck

This is tragic due to the lack of willingness in two years not to have a plausible solution with or without support.
Step by the same problem and I do not see how solved a pie solution.

LawrenceH
Occasional Visitor

Thank you Tony.

Can confirm disabling VT-d AFTER installing HyperV role and no boot worked on Server 2016.

I now wonder if this would have worked on Server 2019 that I removed thinking it was the issue.

I had also tried updating BIOS, ILO, and RAID Drivers.

Thanks Again!

Lawrence

ashwin pai
Visitor

We had the same issue on  Server 2019.  I even called MS and tech suggested to check with HP so I searched and found this article.  I can confirm that after  disabling VT-D  server camed up  with Hyper-V role installed.

Thank you!

Daren Friday
Frequent Advisor

Worked here

Thank you

Daren