1751969 Members
4769 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

ML350 G6 doesn't recognise any RAM

_Peek
Occasional Visitor

ML350 G6 doesn't recognise any RAM

We have an HP ML350 G6 server with only 1x 2..26G 80W proc, populated with 54GB RAM and 6x 300GB SAS drives in a RAID10 config.

3x 2GB 2Rx8 PC3L 10600R Samsung (white slots) and

6x 8GB  2Rx4 PC3L 10600R Samsung

The server worked fine for about a year, until we relocated it over the weekend. Upon switching it on again on Sunday, it would not POST. No display. No BIOS. It simply will not completed the POST, ending each try with every LED next to every RAM SLOT illuminated RED and really long intermittended beeps.

Via ILO, we saw "Memory Configuration Error: System boot halted".

Regardless of all possible memory configurations we tried, every attempt has ended exactly the same. Every LED next to every RAM SLOT illuminated and really long intermittended beeps.

Even unplugging every possible peripheral, with just one or two RIMMS, the POST will not complete.

I've tried other RIMM memory, same result.

I've tried the 1,5,6 DIP switch settings, with button cell battery removed. Same result.

I've left it unplugged for an evening. Same result.

I've left it plugged in for an evening. Same result.

I've sworn at it. Same result.

I;ve begged it, Same result.

The server is simply refusing to recognise any RAM stick during POST and three days later, nobody seems willing to understand my situation.

Is there any good soul that could help me fix my aura ?

3 REPLIES 3
slavtechbuer
Valued Contributor

Re: ML350 G6 doesn't recognise any RAM

Hello,

I know from my experience that memory error are also related with CPUs. Did you try to re-seat CPU ?  Good shout would be to swap CPU. I hope it will help you. 

Kind Regards

Slav

_Peek
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I stripped the entire machine down to the chassis.

Cleaned each component as I reassembled.

Then started from a minimal configuration, working back to the full config, yet not luck !

Fritsch James
Frequent Advisor

This could be a system board issue. Something that connects the cpu with your memory seems to be broken. I have seen those memory errors mostly after a cpu change and some broken pins on the cpu socket. The best option for you seems to replace the system board.