108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G6 Logical Disk corruption

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eric Harrell
Visitor

ML350 G6 Logical Disk corruption

New to HP servers. Purchased a ML350 G6 with the standard 410i controller about 5 months ago. Twice in 5 months I've experienced RAID 1 (O/S) Logical Disk corruption. Upgraded the controller firmware to the latest with HP support. On error booting drives shows normal, Logical Disk array red circle with X in it. Some how the O/S is being corrupted. Any ideals and or assistance on what might be causing the issue would be appreciated.

Configuration is as follows. Win 2008 R2 64, RAID 1 (O/S), RAID 5 (Data) and 1 hot spare (Data), 12 GB memory.

Role is File Server
4 REPLIES 4
Ashwani Srivastava
Solution

As you have already updated the controller firmware, I would suggest you to keep the server firmware also updated.
To diagnose the issue with the drives or the controller please run Array Diagnostic Utility and check for errors. It can be run online or offline (using smart start).
Eric Harrell
Visitor

Thanks for your response. I will run the diags and and report back.
Eric Harrell
Visitor

I've ran all diags on the controller and the hard drives. They all show no issues. This is after rebuilding the RAID 1 O/S partition of course on the HP techs advice. Orignal error was on SAS Array A-1 Logical drive. Not the physical drives. This is the second time this error has accured within 5 months. Could it be a intermittent controller problem. Only software installed on that partition is iLO, Symantec Corp and Backup Exec 12d. Any help is greatly apperciated.
Eric Harrell
Visitor

Ran diags, all came back positive. Got HP technicians involved. They stated that it could be a flaky controller. They weren't 100% sure. They ended up replacing the integrated 410i controller\Motherboard and the two hard drives on that held the O/S partition. Wish I had a definitive answer but I'll have to go with that for now. Thanks for all responses.