New Discussion юеВ

ML350 G6 Server 2012 R2

SOLVED
Go to solution
KAJA719
Occasional Contributor

ML350 G6 Server 2012 R2

Hello,

I have installed Win 2012 R2 server on ML350 G6 and the supported HP service pack. Everyting loaded fine and the server runs great. However, when I try to install windows updates they run forever and never finish. Basically the server is checking for updates but no updates are nevr presented to me. Even if I try to install updates (KBs) manually I see it "spinning", checking for installed updates but it also never finishes. I reinstalled the system clean twice but same rersult. Any thoughts what this could be?

3 REPLIES 3
Taurus78
HPE Pro

Re: ML350 G6 Server 2012 R2

I would suggest you to review the CBS.log file and also Windowsupdate.log.

Additionally, you may want to run

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth  from elevated CMD to check if this fixes any inconsistencies on the server.

Thank You !
I am an HPE Employee and work here as a Microsoft Consultant.

If you think this post of mine was useful, you may want to send me a KUDOS !
KAJA719
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Hello, unfortunatelly all the suggestions did not work. I had to redownload the iso file, create a new USB boot drive, reinstall, and then everythign worked fine. It looks like the original install media was corrupted as i reinstalled three times before and that didn't work. It was very odd as the system worked just fine but the updates didnd't.

WOuld you have instructions on what needs to be installed (what components and where to download them) and how to configure HPe SMH (System M. Hopepage)? It is completely blank and not pullign any data.

Thank you.

Taurus78
HPE Pro

Well in that case, you should log a case with HPE team for indepth analysis as thorough analysis of logs would be required. 

i hope you understand. 

Thank You !
I am an HPE Employee and work here as a Microsoft Consultant.

If you think this post of mine was useful, you may want to send me a KUDOS !