4584 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

ML350 GEn10 installation Windows Server 2019 via ILO5

Cap_Langues
Visitor

ML350 GEn10 installation Windows Server 2019 via ILO5

Bonjour,

Je tente d'installer Windows Server 2019 (Desktop expérience) via ILO5, mais Windows échoue en me disant qu'il ne trouve pas le contrat de licence.

J'ai bien le minimum requis pour l'installation (même largement: 32 GB RAM + 8 SSD de 960GB).

Au début j'ai pensé que le problème venait de mon fichier iso peut-être corrompu, mais je l'ai téléchargé au moins 10 fois avec toujours le même problème (ou bien c'est le fichier source de Microsoft qui est corrompu).

Quelqu'un aurait-il une piste pour m'aider à enfin installer Windows Server 2019 sur mon ML350 Gen10?

Intelligent provisionning a créé 2 RAID sur HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR Gen10:

• 1 raid 1 pour l'OS (2 disques)
  • 1 RAID 5 pour les données (6 disques)

Au début il me proposait un RAID10 sur les 8 disques et j'ai coché la case OS séparé. (je ne sais pas si la 1ère recommandation était mieux)

J'ai remarqué que j'avais aussi un HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 qui n'a aucun disque.

Windows ne tenterait-il pas de chercher le contrat de licence sur le S100i au lieu du P408i?

Merci d'avance.

Google Translated

Hello,

I am trying to install Windows Server 2019 (Desktop experience) via ILO5, but Windows fails telling me that it cannot find the license agreement.

I have the minimum required for the installation (even widely: 32 GB RAM + 8 SSD of 960GB).

At first I thought that the problem came from my corrupted ISO file, but I downloaded it at least 10 times with the same problem (or the Microsoft source file is corrupted).

Anyone have a lead to help me finally install Windows Server 2019 on my ML350 Gen10?

Intelligent provisioning created 2 RAID on HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR Gen10:

1 raid 1 for the OS (2 disks)

1 RAID 5 for the data (6 disks)

At the beginning he offered me a RAID10 on the 8 disks and i have checked the separate OS box. (I don't know if the 1st recommendation was better)

I noticed that I also had an HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 which has no disk.

Wouldn't Windows try to look for the license agreement on the S100i instead of the P408i?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
ksram
HPE Pro

Re: ML350 GEn10 installation Windows Server 2019 via ILO5

Hi @Cap_Langues ,

Please confirm on which you are trying to install the Operating System.

HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 Software RAID, supporting 6Gb/s SATA, is an ideal entry-level solution for supporting RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10. Smart Array Software (SW) RAID is a driver based solution that enables RAID on up to 14 SATA drives connected to the embedded SATA ports on the system board. This software RAID solution is available for HPE ProLiant Gen10 servers and HPE Synergy Gen10 compute modules and provides the efficiency needed to address your evolving data storage needs. HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 SW RAID is only supported on Windows..

If you are using S100i - you may follow the below artcile 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00036381en_us

If you are using HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR Controller you may have to inject the Driver during installation.

Also please try manual Installation by loading ISO as a bootable Disk and proceed.

Thank you

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Cap_Langues
Visitor

Hi,

The first time I was trying "rapid settings".

After, I'm trying to install with "intelligent provisioning" with the recommende settings by HP wich select by default the HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR Controller.

Can you say me how to inject the Driver during installation and where I can find this driver?

I have installed:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_37e15433b70b44fabfc41b7b67&swEnvOid=4249

Thanks.

Cap_Langues
Visitor

@ksram All my physical disk are on the HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR Controller.

Could you say me how I can do with this controller?

Thanks.

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @Cap_Langues ,

Please follow the below : 

1) Keep the Windows Installation file (ISO file) and load it on ILO Virtual Media.

2) Download the Driver file : https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_dfdc3a7add474ddbaa5701f7c7#tab-history

3) Extract the folder 

4) Boot the Server using One Time boot menu with the ISO file

5) During installation it prompts to add the Driver, please select the SmartPqi.inf file and proceed.

The installation should go through without any issues.

Try to keep the BIOS and ILO also to the latest version.

BIOS : https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_5dc2d13a895f466bb1049f8e14

ILO : https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_36c71ccc80694f498213b8bf1c

Share the outcome.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo