New Discussion

Re: ML350 Gen10 stuck in "Attempt firmware Update"

SOLVED
Go to solution
Patric Falinder
Valued Contributor

ML350 Gen10 stuck in "Attempt firmware Update"

Hi,

I have a ML350 Gen10 which is stuck in "Attempt Firmware Update" when I fress F10 to enter Intelligent Provisioning. I'm not really sure how it happened but I think it was when I was trying out the new "Always On" feature that it got stuck there.

I have tried to reboot make the server powerless for a while but everytime I boot in to Intelligent Provisioning it gets me to the same screen. It just says "Waiting To Be Processed... 0%".

How do I get out of this? It feels pretty stupid that you don't have any buttons to cancel or go back or anything other than Language, Help, System Information and Power.

I need to insatll an operating system on this via Intelligen Provisioning so I need to get out of this.

How do I do this?

4 REPLIES 4
Patric Falinder
Valued Contributor

So I downloaded the latest SPP (2018.03.0) and updated the firmware because I thought that would fix things. It did not.

It updated the firmware just fine but when I enter Intelligent Provisioning I still just get to the "Job Viewer" where it says it's atempting to update firmware.

If I click on the progress I get the information that it tries to update Online ROM Flash Component for Linux - HPE ProLiant ML350 Gen10 (U41) Servers and that installed version is 1.26 and available version is 1.28 eventhough the firmware update I did with SPP installed version 1.36

How do I get rid of this?

Patric Falinder
Valued Contributor
Solution

At last I pulled the power for 15 minutes and then tried again and it seems to have been reset. So now I can continue with the installation of the OS.

Anferreghozt

Follow this advisory to resolve the issue.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00028474en_us

Use putty to connect via SSL and issue this command to reset the API.

oemhp_clearRESTAPIstate

BoxRobot

Thank you, Clearing the RestAPI worked for me on a Gen11 DL 360.

However I had to perform an additional step. After the putty command was sent and i re-booted, it automatically started to firmware update again. The command line update screen looked different this time as the RestAPI had been cleared and it was looking for some missing files.

The next step I took was to re-install the intelligent provisioning recovery media to the latest version, then when this booted everything was back to normal.

(previously installing the intelligent provisioning recovery media did not work without clearing the RestAPI first)