ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753543 Members
5212 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 GEN6 Need a COMPATABLE DUALPORT Ethernet 10GBase-T NIC to run over copper

wilson99
Occasional Contributor

ML350 GEN6 Need a COMPATABLE DUALPORT Ethernet 10GBase-T NIC to run over copper

Does anyone know a compatable dual port Ethernet 10GBase-T card that I can use in my ML350 tower servers?

Also I am running VMware 5.5 ESXi on both servers so it would need to fit that compatability list as well.

I do not want SFP type cards. So I sure hope there is something available for copper.

Thanks to all

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: ML350 GEN6 Need a COMPATABLE DUALPORT Ethernet 10GBase-T NIC to run over copper

Hi,

Please check the QuickSpecs for compatible Network Adapters for this server.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

wilson99
Occasional Contributor

Yes I have already donethi s but the only adapter available was the SFP type and I want to be able to just use a 10GBASE-T with RJ45 ports for copper.

Not sure what adapter would work in this server and was hoping there were a few more choices available at this point.

Thanks

Fritsch James
Frequent Advisor

We never tried 10GB NICs on a G6 Server, but we are using Intel X540-T2 Adapters with some of our G7 Servers. I think those should be running fine on a G6 machine as well.

wilson99
Occasional Contributor

That's great ... thanks for letting me know. Appreciated.