ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748215 Members
3447 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350G5 - R3000XR UPS - HP Power Manager can not find the UPS via serialcable

Kazaadoom
Collector

ML350G5 - R3000XR UPS - HP Power Manager can not find the UPS via serialcable

Hello folks , 

so this is my first post here, i am just gonna throw in the facts and things i did already.

thank you advance for every solution or advice you post - maybe the right one is just yours :D 

i've got a serious issue with one of my ML350G5 - and since now i am completely clueless what causes the issue i think many brains work better than just mine xD

facts first:ML350G5 with Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2

R3000XR connected via serial to the ML350G5, the ML350G5 functions as UPS-Manager in my rack. 

on last sunday i got a hdd-error in the ML350, that resulted in 3 BSOD, regardless of the fact, that we run a RAID 5.

strange but it can happen - correct me if i am wrong.

i would relate all of the three BSOD to the nearly defective hdd as cause of the bluescreens.

The defective HDD was replaced today and the controller successfully rebuilded to the new disk. Server runs well so far, so good. 

problem: The HP Power Manager 4.2 says that his UPS is disconnected - i've tried several times to reconfigure the UPS with the config-routine in the manager, but it can't find the UPS via serial. the com-port of the UPS is fine - i've tested it with my notebook and installed the UPS successfully. the issue have to be with the COM-Port RS232 on the ML350G5 

Does anyone had this issue and does know a solution?

I would be very grateful 

Kazaadoom

4 REPLIES 4
Phil_Errup

Re: ML350G5 - R3000XR UPS - HP Power Manager can not find the UPS via serialcable

I hope somebody comes up with a solution as I have the same problem with a freshly installed DL360 G7 with Windows 2003 and a R3000XR UPS.  I have tried USB and COM1, and I always get the same message saying Setup was unable to find a UPS device.  I did not get any BSOD though.

Thanks.

Renjiv
Respected Contributor

Hi,

You may refer the below link to solve the problem:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=332192&prodTypeId=329290&objectID=c01571732

Not all Serial Cables are configured the same. It is very important to use the Serial Cable that came in the UPS box.
Verify the proper Serial Cable is being used for the specific model of UPS.
Regards,

Renji V

Was this post useful? -
To say thanks click the "thumbs up" icon below!!! .....
LukieB
Occasional Contributor

Legend! This issue has plagued me for years with multiple servers in multiple locations....good job!
Renjiv
Respected Contributor

Thank you :)

And good to know the article solved the issue.

Regards,

Renji V

Was this post useful? -
To say thanks click the "thumbs up" icon below!!! .....