ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751872 Members
5402 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

ML350Gen8 E5-2650-2 16GB sometimes blue screen with error HPCISSS2.sys Server 2012 Standard

DCA_1
Occasional Advisor

ML350Gen8 E5-2650-2 16GB sometimes blue screen with error HPCISSS2.sys Server 2012 Standard

Hello,

I have installed a new HP Server (part nr 578237-421) with MS Server 2012 Standard installed.

A few times i have already had a bluescreen with the error that there is a problem with hpcisss2.sys.

After a while the system is counting to 100% and restart self.

What can be wrong and how can i solve this.

Since the file name is starting with HP..... i think on a problem with a driver ???

I have updates the server to HP provisioning 1.4 before the installation of the server 2012 software. So i think that the drivers used are not verry old ???

When i have installed the server software i didnt have seen this error so i think that there is no hardware problem . Maybe the problem is there since a new windows update ?

Thanks

Best regards

Didier

5 REPLIES 5
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

Re: ML350Gen8 E5-2650-2 16GB sometimes blue screen with error HPCISSS2.sys Server 2012 Standard

Hi

Which type of smart card is installed on the server?

Can you give us a version of BIOS?

are the server Up to date with SPP?

DCA_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: ML350Gen8 E5-2650-2 16GB sometimes blue screen with error HPCISSS2.sys Server 2012 Standard

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I have checked the Server.

P420I Controller  ver 3.42

System Rom  2012.12.14

Ilo 1.20

I have done the Server 2012 installation thru the Provisioning 1.4 software . So there all the drivers where installed automaticly. Before the install , the provissioning software was updating all bios versions from the internet to the latest verisons.

So i think maybe it has also downloaded all the latest drivers ?

I have done no HP updates after the isntallation only the windows updates.

Thanks for the advice.

Best regards

Didier

scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

Hi

this link is for HP Service Pack for ProLiant Download :

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/service_packs/en/index.html

try to update the server using this SPP and check if whole of drivers & firmware are up to date.

DCA_1
Occasional Advisor

Hello Agian,

Thanks for the fast answer.

Maybe a stupid question.

When i click on the link is see  SPP Version 2013.02.0 when clicking on this there is a download for .iso file

So i think that i need to make a DVD.

Can i extract the files to a directory and run this when the server is running ?

This because the server is already ath the client and i can acces it remotly so i can not put a DVD in.

So if i can run the program from within Windows there is no problem for me to do it right now. Otherwise i need to go to the client next working week.

Thanks.

Didier

scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

Hi

if you choose this 2013.02.0, Full ISO Image 2.5GB it's an ISO you can boot with it

if you choose  this 2013.02.0, SPP - ProLiant ML/DL/SL Microsoft Windows Server Pack ISO Image 884.9 MB you can launch it under windows by Mounting the image.

1. Explorer DVD
  2. Click on hp
  3. Choose swpackages
  4. Execute hpsum

Or copy this into url on windows explorer : X:\hp\swpackages\hpsum.exe [X is the virtuel DVD Driver]