4381 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML350P G8 warranty/ foundation care support

H2013
Occasional Visitor

ML350P G8 warranty/ foundation care support

Hello

I am having  hard time understanding the support/warranty that comes with my Ml350p server. I bought a ML350P G8 server (Part #: 736982-425) that comes with 3/3/3 NBD onsite warranty but when I emailed HP they informed me that that NBD does not apply to hardware parts replacement but only to diagnosis. If any parts required replacment it would take another 2-5 business day depending on part availability, that would means that server could be down for a week.

An HP partner suggested that I get a "3 Year Foundation Care Next Business Day Service, ProLiant ML350p HW Support"  H7J32A3#7GD and that would cover hardware replacement NBD. I researched a little on the internet and it sounds no different than the 3/3/3 NBD warranty that comes with the server which means the NBD is once again for diagnosis only as it only speaks of response time and not hardware replacement response time , that would mean I would end up just buying what already comes with the server!!

Could someone please help me understand if getting  H7J32A3#7GD is the right choice for NBD hardware replacement? Or is there some other foundation care/care pack option that i shoudl get for NBD hardware replacement.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sayed

2 REPLIES 2
Renjiv
Respected Contributor

Hello Sayed,

Greetings!

Please find the details for HP Foundation Care Next Business Day Service:

HP Foundation Care Next Business Day Service

Offers a next-business-day on-site response with coverage available nine hours per day between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. local time, on business days Monday through Friday,2 excluding on HP holidays. 

More information about HP  Fountation Care Services can be found from the below URL:

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA4-0226ENW.pdf

I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,

Renji V

Was this post useful? -
To say thanks click the "thumbs up" icon below!!! .....
H2013
Occasional Visitor

Hello

Thank you for the links, but they don't really answer my question as there is no mention of hardware replacement response time, it could be that foundation care just means that diagnosis is NBD and not resolution or replacement of hardware. I just don't want to be in a situation where the server is down for a week because a part needs replacing,

I am going around in circles and can't find the answer, I could just be buying what already comes with the server. The HP partner doesn't have a clue, and when I call HP they direct me to the partner!

The warranty is not straightforward and very vague for example the 3/3/3 NBD on site warranty seems to mean the issues including hardware replacement will be resolved by NBD, but HP confirmed that this refers to diagnosis only and any parts will need a further 2 to 5 days to be replaced.

If I buy the foundation care mentioned above will it reduce the 2 to 5 days waiting period for parts to NBD? The information PDF sheet is not clear about this, and I could just be buying what already comes with the server. Having two identical warranties for the same server would be a waste if money. The foundation care should be offering something that I don't already have and I assume it's hardware parts replacement by NBD. Can you confirm that?

Help!

Thank you.

Regards,
Sayed