6151 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML370G3 Hanging Problem

Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

ML370G3 Hanging Problem

hi all
i am using a proliant ml370g3 and it is behaving improperly since last few days almost a week. the server hangs without any extra load nothing new is loaded and even then it hangs almost daily once. is there any diagnostic tool that i can run on it and find a possible cause of this error coz in the windows advanced server 2000 event log there is no error message
kindly help
regards
javed khalid
Evil Has Its Winning Ways
18 REPLIES 18
Rob Pursley

Re: ML370G3 Hanging Problem

I'm having similar issues, unfortunately I don't know the cause of it either. I have a new ML370 G3 with Windows 2003 server installed and periodically it just blue-screens on me for no apparent reason; nothing in the log files nor anything relevant on the error message, just: STOP: c000021a Unknown Hard Error.
Toby Curnew

I am using a ML370 G1 with the same issue, this started two days ago, everything stops responding. Only way to get the server to boot is to clear the NVRAM. Any ideas?
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

The Smart Start CD which shipped with the server has the server diagnostics available on it. If you boot off the cd, then select server diagnostics off the maintenance tab, it should be able to test the hardware.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Simon Black
Occasional Advisor

Hi
We are also using Proliant ML370G3, with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 (x86).
(The Linux Kernel is 2.4.21-15.0.3.ELsmp on an i686)
We have had the server hanging repeatedly sometimes after 24 hours, other times after a few days.
As Javed and Rob have found, there are no error messages reported or log files relevant to the hang.
We have upgraded the Proliant Support Pack
and the Online Flash Component for Linux, with no joy.
I've now seen Terry's message and have run the Server Diagnostic tests which all passed.
Any further suggestions would be appreciated.
Regards
Simon Black
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

dear all
ml370g3 in my use is connected with a storage of 1230GB and it is assigned a single drive letter and single partition. is there a possibility that the server is hanging due to a large logical volume and should i make 3 or 4 partitions in it, i have also run the latest diagnostic tools but no error found.
kindly help
javed khalid
Evil Has Its Winning Ways
Antonio Luiz de Oliveir
Frequent Advisor

Do anyone of you use insight manager?
Simon Black
Occasional Advisor

We have used Insight Management and Integrated Lights Out on the servers.
However once the machine hangs we are unable to connect with these and have to physically reboot them.
Once rebooted, the Integrated Management Log has not recorded anything relevant to the hang.

Rob Pursley

Yep, mine as well. IM doesn't say a thing about what's been going on.
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Have you all installed the latest bios on these servers? There was a processor and thermal fix to improve the reliablity of the ML370G3 a while back:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21517.html

Let us know what you find? -john
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt