ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753603 Members
6233 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need help with spare drive HP Proliant DL380 G7 with p410i 512mb cache controller

Newbie380
Occasional Visitor

Need help with spare drive HP Proliant DL380 G7 with p410i 512mb cache controller

Hi was hoping I can get some help - newbie to servers/networking. Have a proliant DL380 G7, have a SSD for OS and had 7 SATA HDDs that I was trying to set up for RAID5 but wanted one as a spare. Used both ORCA and HP SmartStart, but doesn't give me the option of setting up spare drive (the option is listed but won't let me select it). I am otherwise able to set up the logical drive as a RAID 5 and seems to be recognized ok but want to have a spare drive in case of failure. Also, anyone know why when trying to create logical drive for SSD, it forces RAID 0? Seems to create logical drive ok, but I thought RAID 0 was meant to have 2 drives. Should I be creating RAID 0 logical drive for SSD? Thanks for the help

2 REPLIES 2
dinkudis

Re: Need help with spare drive HP Proliant DL380 G7 with p410i 512mb cache controller

Hi.

Try to boot from HP SmartStart CD/USB key and use HP Array Configuration Utility. You should be able to use hot spare option from here.

br,

Newbie380
Occasional Visitor

I tried using the cd, but it also would not give me the option of selecting raid 5 with spare drive.