4188 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Netapp FAS3020 Setup.

Paul Thomson_2
Super Advisor

Netapp FAS3020 Setup.

Hi

I am having issues getting a couple of servers accessing some LUNS on a netapp FAS3020 array. This is the first time my company is using it.

The servers are proliant dl5585 g2 using FC1142SR fibre cards.

The drivers versions are: 8.01.06.01
BIOS = 1.09
Firmware = 4.00.23

The OS is redhat4 update5.
The LUNS appear to be presented ok, I was wondering if there was anything on the OS / server side I was missing ?

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp Forum moderator

Argh ye land lovers !
4 REPLIES 4
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Did you setup the presentation of the LUNS properly from the SAN? Check your management software and make sure you have it setup correctly.

Are your FC HBA's logging into your fabric correctly? Check youw switch and see if they are actually logged into the switch.

Last and probably most important, check the technical specifications for the FAS3020 and I think you may find that you will find the following OS'es supported:

Windows├В┬о 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Linux├В┬о, Sun├в ┬в Solaris├в ┬в, AIX, HP-UX, Mac OS, VMware, ESX

Which doesn't cover RedHat.

I would suggest a more versatile SAN such as an EVA (http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/eva/index.html).

Phil
Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Opps. My bad. I guess Linux would be Red Hat. So it does support it. Sorry.
Paul Thomson_2
Super Advisor

Hi Phil

I don't actually have access to the brocades / array, but I have checked this with the storage team and it seems to be setup correctly. However, this is the first time we have used this type of array.

The storage team have logged a call with netapp.

thanks for your time.
Argh ye land lovers !
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Your probably doing the right thing there. Let the Netapp people work out the problem.

Phil