ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753726 Members
4810 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New ProLiant DL360 Gen9 Server Fan Crazyness!???

jnewing
Visitor

New ProLiant DL360 Gen9 Server Fan Crazyness!???

So I recently purchased two ProLiant DL360 Gen9 servers for some internal projects we are working on here at MFHT.

Setup the first one no problems, works great, I'm a huge fan of iLO and everything the server has to offer. Now I got to setup the 2nd on (with the exact same configuration as the first except only 2 drives instead of 6) and the fans ramp up to 55+% and only go up, never drop! EVER?! The two server are in the same rank mount etc... one server seems to run normal the other has crazy fans that never turn down. Make no mistake the fans are LOUD like you walk into the building and you can her them.

I tried updating fw, and bios the latest versions, same result. I popped into the Health thing and did a read out (results are attached) I found that the Temps on device 24 (24-HD Controller) is silly high 55ish and devoice 26 as well (26-LOM) everything else runs around 25-30???

Temperature Device 24 - Temperature Sensing Device
Reading	55 Deg.C
Low Threshold	10 Deg.C
High Threshold	100 Deg.C
Sensor Number	26
Entity ID	11
Entity Name	Add-in Card
Entity Instance	4
Record ID	25
Temperature Sensor ID String	24-HD Controller

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Temperature Device 26 - Temperature Sensing Device Reading 54 Deg.C Low Threshold 10 Deg.C High Threshold 100 Deg.C Sensor Number 28 Entity ID 66 Entity Name Baseboard/Main System Board Entity Instance 2 Record ID 27 Temperature Sensor ID String 26-LOM

Everything else seems fairly normal? Is this a HW issue? Should I just send this entire thing back? Is there a fix I can do in house?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandraIsa
HPE Pro

Hi @jnewing

It could be HW or FW issue. 

As the server is new, I'd recommedn to download an AHS log, upload it into the AHSV . It will give you analysis, if it has predefined solution for your issue. If there is no predefined solution, you'll have the chance to open a support case. The fastest way to have the server in production is the repair. The DOA process to send it back will last definitely a lot longer than the repair form us.

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo

Spectroscopy
HPE Pro

Hi,

What would be the ambient temperature setting from UEFI on this server?

Regards, AVI
CSCB ISS L2 Engineer - EMEA
Global SCupport Delivery
Technology Services, Enterprise Group

Accept or Kudo