1753846 Members
8452 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: NEW Server ILO Password Not Working

icoso
Occasional Collector

NEW Server ILO Password Not Working

I have a brand new HPE ProLiant ML350 Gen10 1x4110 8-Core 16GB 8SFF P408i,  I installed Centos 7 on this server.  The default password that is on the tag does not work.

I get to the login page, type in Administrator and then the password on the tag, making sure I am typing it in case sensitive, it does not work. 

I booted into the system config and added another user and password, again making sure I typed it in all lower case.  I made sure it was an admin account.  It does NOT work.

What am I doing wrong.  I know that on a windows domain the ILO uses the admin username and password and you ahve to enter the domain\administrator but did is this the same when I installed Centos?

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@icoso wrote:

I have a brand new HPE ProLiant ML350 Gen10 1x4110 8-Core 16GB 8SFF P408i,  I installed Centos 7 on this server.  The default password that is on the tag does not work.

I get to the login page, type in Administrator and then the password on the tag, making sure I am typing it in case sensitive, it does not work. 

I booted into the system config and added another user and password, again making sure I typed it in all lower case.  I made sure it was an admin account.  It does NOT work.

What am I doing wrong.  I know that on a windows domain the ILO uses the admin username and password and you ahve to enter the domain\administrator but did is this the same when I installed Centos?

iLO doesn't care about the underlying host OS. By default iLO does not know anything about a Windows domain, you have to configure domain functionality.   Since you've added a local account and it is still showing an login error, are you sure you are trying to login to the correct iLO? 

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Cali
Honored Contributor

If the iLO User and Password on the Tag does not work, you can reset it by using the "Security Override Switch" on the Mainboard.

Search for this way in the Server Manual, or Web.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.