New Discussion

Re: No physical disks attached in Intelligent Provisioning ML150 GEN9

SOLVED
Go to solution
mcadmin100
Regular Visitor

No physical disks attached in Intelligent Provisioning ML150 GEN9

Hello, 

I have a Proliant ML150 Gen9 with a single Intel DC P3500 PCIe SSD installed in the top PCIe slot. When I go into HPE SSA, the Intel SSD is listed under "Other Devices"

When I attempt to "Configure and Install" in Intelligent Provisiong I get the error "No physical disks attached - you will need to attach a supported drive to continue"

I took the P3500 out and stuck it in my Win10 workstation and updated to the latest firmware from Intel's Data Center tool, and I get the same results when placing it back in the Proliant Server. I also updated all the firmware options in "Firmware Update" in Intelligent Provisioning as well, current system rom installed version: P95 v 2.30 (09/12/2016).

Anyone have any ideas of what is wrong that I can't install an OS to the PCIe SSD? Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
TTr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Most likely intelligent Provisioning does not recognize that device as OS target. 

Does the DC P3500 show up in the boot devices?

Have you tried a conventional installation using a DVD (physical or virtual/ILO) and see if the OS installs?

mcadmin100
Regular Visitor

Yes, that was it. IP just didn't recognize it, had to boot Win2016 from USB to get it working, thanks!

TTr
Honored Contributor

The words "unsupported devices" are mentioned a lot in the manual.

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03182305