1752681 Members
5217 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: No power ML370 G6

Chris68
Occasional Visitor

No power ML370 G6

I have got a ML370 G6 Server with a power issue. Neither power supplies have any LED activity and nothing on the board or front.

I have done the following with no change.

reseated both PS and cords

new PS either socket

new cords

tested outlets

Is there anything to tell me that it is the power distribution board?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
StevenCage
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem with a Proliant ML370 G6 where the system is completly dead. It was working without any problems and suddenly stopped. I have tried replacing the PSUs but that didnt make any difference. I removed the Power Supply Backplane but cannot see any sign of damage and am unsure how to test. the system has a RAID 5 array comprised of 3 SAS disks connected to the onboard 410i Smart Array controller. The controller has a Battery Backed Write Cache but I think it was disabled.

I dont want to waste any more time and money on this server so have purchased a reconditioned DL380 G7 that has a 410i Smart Array Controller. Do you think I will be able to move the disks from the ML370 to the DL380 (in the same order) and recover the data. Assuming the disks have not already been damaged when the ML370 failed?

Thanks in advance for any assistance/advice

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@StevenCage wrote:

I have the same problem with a Proliant ML370 G6 where the system is completly dead. It was working without any problems and suddenly stopped. I have tried replacing the PSUs but that didnt make any difference. I removed the Power Supply Backplane but cannot see any sign of damage and am unsure how to test. the system has a RAID 5 array comprised of 3 SAS disks connected to the onboard 410i Smart Array controller. The controller has a Battery Backed Write Cache but I think it was disabled.

I dont want to waste any more time and money on this server so have purchased a reconditioned DL380 G7 that has a 410i Smart Array Controller. Do you think I will be able to move the disks from the ML370 to the DL380 (in the same order) and recover the data. Assuming the disks have not already been damaged when the ML370 failed?

Thanks in advance for any assistance/advice

Yes, you can move the drives to the replacement server and if they are not damaged, the controller in the replacement system should recognise the existing array 

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
StevenCage
Frequent Visitor

I assume that I would need to ensure that the firmware on the new 410i is the latest available as I have no way of knowing the firmware version from the failed server. Do you think that the BBWC that was installed on the old server could cause me any problems?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@StevenCage wrote:

I assume that I would need to ensure that the firmware on the new 410i is the latest available as I have no way of knowing the firmware version from the failed server. Do you think that the BBWC that was installed on the old server could cause me any problems?

Always a good idea to be up to date on firmware. Not knowing what caused the original failure I can't really provide an answer on the BBWC module, but I would think chances are low for it to be an issue

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!