Re: no reconoce discos HP ML 350 G9

everpc
Occasional Visitor

no reconoce discos HP ML 350 G9

Hola a todos tengo un problema con mi proliant ML 350 G9 S/N CZ2442186q

Y mis discos SAS 300gb 652564-B21 4 por cierto 

La controladora Dynamic Smart Array B140i me da este error

1785 - Slot 0b Drive array not configured no drives detected

La primera parte la entiendo no lo he configurado pero la segunda no reconoce los discos 

No los ve necesito ayuda por favor 

Gracias de antemano

4 REPLIES 4
RASHMI
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for using HP Forums!

We would like to encourage that this discussion should be continued in English language as this forums is a English construct-based communities as per the rules of participation (Rules(9) *see below for the url). Your post in English format will definitely help your other fellow participants to well-understand the issues and help you out regarding this.
* http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage

HP Forums also supports few other languages for the same where you can select the language option located at the top right side of the EBC main page.

Thanks,
Rashmi
Forum Moderator
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

@everpc wrote:

Hola a todos tengo un problema con mi proliant ML 350 G9 S/N CZ2442186q

Y mis discos SAS 300gb 652564-B21 4 por cierto 

La controladora Dynamic Smart Array B140i me da este error

1785 - Slot 0b Drive array not configured no drives detected

La primera parte la entiendo no lo he configurado pero la segunda no reconoce los discos 

No los ve necesito ayuda por favor 

Gracias de antemano

Spanish:  Tus discos son SAS pero el B140i soporta SATA solamente.  Tu necesitas discos SATA o el Smart Array P440 que soporta los dos SAS y SATA.

English: Your drives are SAS but the B140i only supports SATA.  You either need SATA drives or the Smart Array P440 which support both SAS and SATA.

Gracias eso era 

It was that thanks
now I have another problem
Buy a SAS Controller HP Smart Array P440 / 4 GB, FBWC, 12 GB 1
and it recognizes me only two discs of the four I have

jorgecc

Hola les cuento mi experiencia con ML30 G9 en equipo lo compre (chile) sin el kit array, este lo pedi despues por ebay (salio entre aduana e impuesto casi el valor del ML30,   habilite el Dynamic smart array b140i (asi reconoce el array) al partir el servidor me manda el error  "dynamic smart array b140i in slot 0b" entro con F10 y sale que esta la controladora de array pero no reconoce discos duros,   saco el cable que va de la controladora a la placa madre y el servidor no encuentra la controladora (lo que es logico) pero me di cuenta que el cable "SPA mini  SAS " el que se conecta a la placa madre se puede conectar en 2 posiciones es las dos reconoce la controladora "dynamic smart array b140i"  pero en una sola posición reconoce los disco duros.  en mi caso compro de 1 tera y despues los cambio por otros de mayor tamaño,  no necesite poner serial de activación de la controladora, este campo quedo vacio.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google Translation

Hello I tell you my experience with ML30 G9 as a team I bought it (chile) without the array kit, I ordered it later by ebay (it came out between customs and imposed almost the value of the ML30, enable the Dynamic smart array b140i (so it recognizes the array) when starting the server sends me the error "dynamic smart array b140i in slot 0b" entered with F10 and it comes out that the array controller but does not recognize hard drives, I remove the cable that goes from the controller to the motherboard and the server does not find the controller (which is logical) but I realized that the cable "SPA mini SAS" which connects to the motherboard can be connected in 2 positions is the two recognizes the "dynamic smart array b140i" controller but in one single position recognizes the hard drives, in my case I buy 1 tera and then change them for larger ones, do not need to put the activation serial of the controller, this field is empty.

Jorge