5397 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Not able to modify rebuild priority with ACU

GTA_doum
Occasional Contributor

Not able to modify rebuild priority with ACU

Hello,

On an old HP ProLiant G5 server, running Windows, I am trying to find why a Raid 5 array does not rebuild.  I wanted to modify the rebuild priority with ACU to high, but it returns it could not do it due to an "unknown error", how to this error known :) ?

Thanks,
Dominic
2 REPLIES 2
KK
HPE Pro

Hi Dominic,

We need to know the model of the Smart Array Controller, if it has battery backed cache and screenshot of the error would help us to help you. Please provide the information and based on it, we would suggest next actions.

Regards,

KK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
GTA_doum
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

The array controller is a Smart Array E200i and it has cache backed by batteries.  If I start the computer it starts the rebuild and after a while is just stops and nowhere I could find an explanation for it, it just says it is ready for rebuild and it will happen again only when the computer is rebooted.

Today I tried to modify the controller parameters for rebuilding and it saved it without any errors!  Maybe last time I tried it when it was rebuilding, I'll try that on next boot.

For the rebuild issue, how to know the exact error that makes it stop?  Even in the emails that controller send, there is not much information.

Thanks,
Dominic