3092 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Novell NetWare 5.1 - Network driver on ML310e G8

MarkusE
Occasional Contributor

Novell NetWare 5.1 - Network driver on ML310e G8

Hello!

Fearing no be able to install NetWare 5.1 at all, I may got the ugliest problem due servers. No network. I treid sevral «NICs» coming with installtion, but no success anyone may regognize internal modern OnBoard-NICs.

I tried a SupportPack with no result, two obviously NIC drivers I found did not help.

Where to find matching drivers? My best Ides as a solution here.

Or - which PCIe card, which chip generation, may be regognized by old Netware 5.1? (Too bad not to have none available in my stuff here )

Markus

3 REPLIES 3
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Hi Mark,

Please advise what is the network card model for which you require the driver. The Novell Netware is a discontinued operating system so it might not be available however please tell us the model of the network card so that we can check from our end.

Regards,

Bunsol

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
MarkusE
Occasional Contributor

Hello Bunsol,

(my name is Markus, not Mark - I’ not a two off thirds portion )

My request was absoluitely the opposite! Which cards, in fact chip sets, are serviced by NW5.1, beeing compatible to old standards (not saying NE2000, but…)?

Or - there is that ML310e G8, wich drivers do I need to use OnBorad NICs, where to obtain that drivers?

Markus

Bunsol
HPE Pro

Hi Markus,

The embedded network card installed in ML310e Gen8 is HP Ethernet 1Gb 2-port 330i Adapter. This is a broadcom chipset and after checking in broadcom site as well the supported drivers for Novell Netware is not available. The drivers available for this network card are available only for supported operating systems:-

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/km/product/5317155/HPE-Ethernet-1Gb-2-port-330i-Adapter?ismnp=0&l5oid=5317154#t=DriversandSoftware&sort=relevancy&layout=table&numberOfResults=25

HPE certified operating systems and server support matrix:-

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/index.aspx

So unfortunately the driver for Novell Netware is not available.

Regards,

Bunsol

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo