1752806 Members
5877 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: P410 RAID Controller Installation - Configuration on Proliant DL 160 G6

sorenson400
Frequent Visitor

P410 RAID Controller Installation - Configuration on Proliant DL 160 G6

I have just recently installed a P410 Raid Controller in a HP Proliant DL 160 G6 so that I can run it with ESXi.  As I found out the hard way a physical RAID controller is required in order to run ESXi.  I have hot-plug SATA drives and to my knowledge I have installed the card correctly.  Pictures attached.

However, when I boot up the server it is not seeing the P410 controller.  And I can see that it still tries to go the Smart Array B110i controller (which of course does not work).  What do I need to do to make the server use the P410?  

I have searched the ROM System Setup Utility and I cannot see anything that does this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

Boot Controller Order menu

The Boot Controller Order option selects which of the installed mass storage device controllers is used as the primary boot controller. The server attempts to boot the drives attached to each storage controller in the order presented in this list.

By default, the primary boot controller is set to controller 1.

NOTE: Changes made to the Boot Controller Order in the ORCA Utility are reflected in this menu.

IMPORTANT: PCI devices that have been disabled in the PCI Devices menu might still be visible on the Boot Controller Order screen.

sorenson400
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for the response.  In the Boot Controller Order I am not seeing the P410.  So this is screaming firmware  update to me.  Does that sound correct?

So then here comes the really dumb question:  How do I actually install the frimware updates onto the Server?

Thank you very much again for your time.

scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

Please Check if card is enabled under RBSU [BIOS]:

this image is just an example

PCI Device Enable_Disable menu.jpg

PCI Device Enable/Disable menu

These options enable and disable embedded and add-in devices. Disabling devices reallocates the resources (memory, I/O, and, in some cases, option ROM space and power) that would normally be allocated to the device.

By default, all devices are Enabled.