3724 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: PCI Riser in HPE Dl60 Gen9

A.W.R
Frequent Advisor

PCI Riser in HPE Dl60 Gen9

HI,

We have installed a PCI Riser kit into an HPE Proliant DL60 Gen9 server with 2 processors. The system does not  see the riser card, or the HBA installed into the riser slot form the BIOS. Can anyone advise if there is something that needs to be enabled, or set up? Any tips on how to diagnose the issue would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Andrew

4 REPLIES 4
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Hi A.W.R

Have you verified if the PCI Slots are enabled in the BIOS?

Have you installed the compatible raiser cage?

What is the part number of the raiser cage and HBA?

Share the processor details. 

In which slot the HBA is installed?

Thank you. 

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

A.W.R
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for your response,

How do we verify the PCI slots are enabled in the BIOS? We can find no such function.

The system has 2 by processors - 

765540-B21 HPE DL60 GEN9 INTEL XEON E5-2620V3 (2.4GHZ/6-CORE/15MB/85W) PROCESSOR 

Riser kit and HBA:-

AJ764A HPE 82Q 8Gb 2-port PCIe Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter
765510R-B21   HPE DL60/120 Gen9 Full Height Half Length PCIe Riser Kit - Remarketed   

The HBA is installed on the slot provided on the Riser kit.

Kind regards

Andrew

Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Hi A.W.R.

As per the details given below the part numbers are showing in the quickspecs and are compatible with the server. 

But I have a doubt aboutt the raiser kit: 765510R-B21. looking at the part number R states refurbished. 

Please verify if the raiser board is installed properly and if possible reseat the board and the HBA.

If the issue remains, May be a chance of the Raiser board which might be faulty.  Please raise a support case with HPE to validate this. 

Quickspecs: https://www.monclick.it/img_scheda/manuali/785836-B21_1.pdf

HP DL60/120 Gen9 CPU1 Riser Kit 765508-B21

HP DL60/120 Gen9 FlexibleLOM Riser Kit 765509-B21

HP DL60/120 Gen9 Full Height Half Length PCIe Riser Kit 765510-B21

HP AHCI-Enable FIO Setting 801845-B21 

NOTE: This needs to be selected when Advanced Host Controller Interface mode is required on B140i controller. 

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Coaxnps
Frequent Visitor

I know this is an old thread but @Kashyap02 has more knowledge than most people out there on these riser cards.  I can't find one listed in your post on 01-17-19.  No one has them in stock.  Do you know of another part I may be able to use in the secondary riser slot for a HPE Proliant DL60 Gen9 or a vendor that may have one in stock?  Also none of the PCI slots on the mainboard recognize a card.  Am I missing something in the BOIS?

Thank you,

--Nate