ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748202 Members
3097 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

POST Error: 313-HPE Smart Storage Battery 1 Failure - Battery Shutdown Event Code: 0x0400. Action:

avenonet
Occasional Advisor

POST Error: 313-HPE Smart Storage Battery 1 Failure - Battery Shutdown Event Code: 0x0400. Action:

POST Error: 313-HPE Smart Storage Battery 1 Failure - Battery Shutdown Event Code: 0x0400. Action: Restart system. Contact HPE support if condition persists.

Information Server Name   Product Name ProLiant DL360 Gen9 UUID zzz Server Serial Number **confidential info erased**Product ID 755258-B21 System ROM P89 v2.76 (10/21/2019) System ROM Date 10/21/2019 Backup System ROM 12/07/2017 Integrated Remote Console HTML5    .NET    Java Web Start    License Type iLO Advanced iLO Firmware Version 2.73 Feb 11 2020 IPv4 Address zzz Link-Local IPv6 Address zzz iLO Hostname zzz Status System Health

OK iLO Health

OK Server Power    ON UID Indicator    UID OFF TPM Status Present: Disabled Module Type TPM 1.2 SD-Card Status Not Present iLO Date/Time Fri May 15 14:51:30 2020

thanks in advance everyone for the help, i saw this on another post very old one and it was supposed to be resolved any idea about thsi one?  server went down last night and everything points to bad battery causing it to shut down, thing thats so disturbing is all of these servers are in a CEPH Cluster and we are not even in need of the Raid for anything.  Anyway this completely shutdown the server and it had to be manually brought back online

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: POST Error: 313-HPE Smart Storage Battery 1 Failure - Battery Shutdown Event Code: 0x0400. Actio

If you don't need the battery for disk controller or memory, consider to remove it completely.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
avenonet
Occasional Advisor

Re: POST Error: 313-HPE Smart Storage Battery 1 Failure - Battery Shutdown Event Code: 0x0400. Actio

ok not a problem, but why would this completely shut down a server? any one else having this issue?

I_AN
HPE Pro

Hello Avenonet,

Please refer find the below dowcument:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=mmr_kc-0126260

Please disable ASR:

To disable ASR:

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/proliant_uefi/UEFI_Gen9_121417/s_enabling_asr_status.html

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

CaptainCool
Occasional Visitor

I am facing the same issue, Did you get solution ? How did you fix it ?

Maatroskin
Occasional Advisor

Re: POST Error: 313-HPE Smart Storage Battery 1 Failure - Battery Shutdown Event Code: 0x0

I have a similar problem. ProLiant DL380 Gen9 server. The iLO found out that the battery(P/N 727258-B21) of the raid controller (P440ar) died. We purchased a battery, but already with a different P / N p01366-B21 (according to the recommendations on the official HP website), since the batteries with the required part number have already ceased to be produced. Replaced the battery observing all safety precautions. I turned on the server - the battery was degrated, and the old P / N is displayed in iLO. I thought about it, I decided that it was necessary to update the firmware on the server (although it was indicated on the HP office site that you do not need to update the firmware to use the version 2.0 battery). I Downloaded Service Pack for ProLiant P45315_001_gen9spp-2021.10.0-Gen9SPP2021100.2021_1021.32.iso, updated. The situation has not changed at all. Smart array firmware version remains the same(ver 7). And the battery part number in iLO displays the old one. What could be the problem