1748116 Members
3488 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: PPM on DL380 G5 LED on

shahsan
Occasional Contributor

PPM on DL380 G5 LED on

Hi I have a HP DL380G5, currently the PPM 1 led is on and the server is off, when i switch the server on it boots up into windows, then it switches off and the PPM led is back on again. the server dosnt shutdown at the same interval the last two times it has taken 1.5 days and 30 minutes.
I have replaced the PPM with a new one from warranty but still have the same problem.
I cannot see any infoe on the dignostics, just that the power was tasken off.
Has anyone else suffered anything similar or anyone have any answers

kind regards

Shah
8 REPLIES 8
Orlando Torres

Hi !

I have the same situation.
Possible it's a power supplies issues, look at this

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1238102827713+28353475&threadId=1260248

Service note to replace PSU in warranty
shahsan
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Thanks for your response, the issue you have pointed out does not occur on my server.
The server I have does switch on and boot up however it switches off after a period of time and the PPM led is amber on the front display. I have contacted HP and had the PPM and the motherboard replaced, this does not resolve the issue. We have also tried with different PSU's but no joy. I think it may be the processor, but were doing some more troubleshooting with HP.

regards

Shah
Christoph Schoch

Hi Shah

We have exactly the same issue (same server, it shutdowns randomly) with one of our customers server. Were you able to get some help finally to fix this issue? Customer is getting crazy as it's an important server...
N.Arif
Occasional Contributor

Hi I have the same problem...

My Server shuts down differently. sometimes it takes days and sometimes it takes 30 minutes.

How did you solve the problem.
I talked to the HP-support and they will send a new Power-supply.

pls. How did you solve the problem?
slaveyin

did you solve it? i have the same **bleep**ing issue. ive changed motherboard , psu, ppm card with no success. Please let me know if you fix it. thanks

Manoj_Gabriel
Visitor

Hi All,

Please check whether the issue happens with 1 power supply installed in the server (if you have 2 power Supplies). Check it and confirm. It could be a cause. 

Lincy_Zachariah
Valued Contributor

You can refer to step by step troubleshooting for the server from the following link:

http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=in&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121516&lang=en&cc=in

Moe_Tech

I have the same issues.  From the previous post I had dual power supplies but one was bad.  I moved the remaining power supply to the solot that didnt have problems and it seem to work for several days.  I'm still waiting to see if the machine turns off which normally happens within 1 day or after being up within 30 - 40 minutes sometimes faster.  Will keep you updated but i do believe the problem is with the power supplies affecting the PPM's.