4121 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

problems with ILO adapter on ML 350 G4p

blentes
Frequent Advisor

Re: problems with ILO adapter on ML 350 G4p

I did as you recommend and got:
"The Server is in Graphics Mode - Use the iLO Advanced Web Interface for Access."

It seems not to work.

Bernd

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

That verifies the OS is using frame buffer or KMS (Kernel Mode Switching), you need to disable FB / KMS and run the system purely in text mode. Check your distributions documentation on what to add to the boot line to disable FB / KMS
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
blentes
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jimmy,
i ordered an Advanced Pack, so i will not have any more problems with connecting the ILO adapter.But what is about my initial problem ? The log messages without timestamp. That frightens me a bit. This server is important for us. Shall i update the firmware ? Current FW is 1.82 and i found a 1.96. Also i got several e-Mails from that server yesterday that a redundant fan was inserted/removed. But no one touched the server. And i can't monitor the hardware currently with the System Management Homepage.

Bernd

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Your working with a system that went out of production in Feb 2007.  Running the latest firmware is a lways the best practice.  You might re-seat all of the connections and plugable components in case there is some corrosion built up on the connections. iLO gets time settings from the host OS, you need the iLO and health drivers loaded

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!