1747988 Members
4880 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant 5000 Power Supply Maintenance Key

DoofyPenguin
Established Member

Proliant 5000 Power Supply Maintenance Key

I am unable to locate a source for the Compaq Proliant 5000 “Power Supply Maintenance Key”, part number 148757-001. It is a small white plastic key about 1 inch long that defeats the cover interlock switch. I have attached an image of the part taken from the maintenance manual. Does anyone know of a place that sells this part? Alternatively, if someone has one they’re willing to part with it would be appreciated.

148757-001 4500 pg 2-2 .png

4 REPLIES 4
Cali
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 5000 Power Supply Maintenance Key

Hi,

this is a very very Old Server, and this Key was an Option Spare Part for Service Personal and not included.
This Server will become Over-Heated if he runs with open Side Panel.
It is not an Official Way, but for Maintenance in the past, I put a Key in the hole.
(Due to the weight of the keychain, it always held.)

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
DoofyPenguin
Established Member

Thank you for your excellent practical suggestion. However, as a former Compaq ASE I acquired some unique service items and this key was part of my collection. It is now missing and I would like to replace it.

Kamalji
Frequent Advisor

I would suggest to refer HPE partsurfer to track the active parts status ..

https://partsurfer.hpe.com/search.aspx
If it is valid in part surfer, usually it is orderable.

For part order please contact your sales representative .

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Indeed, I have contacted Hewlett Packard Enterprise Replacement Parts Business who then opened a case number for me. They informed me that 148757-001 is End of Life and provided a list of North American partners to source the part through.  None of the contacts were able to obtain the part. 

As a service part from a very long time ago it is possible that a technician may have one lying forgotten in a desk drawer or on a shelf somewhere. Perhaps one will turn up in such an unlikely manner.