1754304 Members
2672 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 5500

Larry Gomez_2

Proliant 5500

I have inherited someones problem. I have a proliant 5500 that will start to boot up then stop and give me a blank screen. The only thing I am able to see before it blanks out is Something about number 5 then, Array accelerator battery charge is low. It will be re-enabled when charged. Any info will help. I have looked through this forum and tried to reseat everything but that did not work.
Thanks
Learning quickly
5 REPLIES 5
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Proliant 5500

Hi Larry,
On the front of the 5500 what is the LCD screen saying?
Also depending on the cpu speed what are the led's saying on the systemboard. On the side panel it should show where these are.
You might want to remove the first bank of memory and bring down the rest and remove all pci cards to see if it boots.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Larry Gomez_2

hmmm, now you have me questioning what I was told that its a 5500? I don't have an LCD screen only on my 6500's do I have the LCD screen. I left the computer running and now the message about the battery charge is low is now gone. Now my only problem is it boots up and gets to the bar on windows 2000 server then the screen blanks out?
Learning quickly
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Does this server have LED's on the main board. It should show you what the LED's represent on the side cover.

Mark
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

Hey Larry,

Have you tried to boot into safe mode just to see if it's a video driver problem that is blanking your screen out?
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Another thing you can try is to remove all PCI cards except for the Smart Array controller and then clear NVRAM.
If you can get into safe mode then do the same. Remove all drivers for NIC, etc. and then shut down and remove the pci cards.

Mark