4150 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant dl120 g6 can't start after update BMC

wittak
Occasional Visitor

Proliant dl120 g6 can't start after update BMC

Hi,

I have problem with my server HP Proliant DL120 G6. First I update BIOS to latest version (O26 (07/01/2013) and then I update BMC to latest version (4.26).  After these updates during start server show error mesage "Fan fail/missing. System prepare to shutdown" and then go to shutdown. When I update back BMC version situation is same.

Can you help me?

Thanks Wittak

9 REPLIES 9
venomous-Nerd
Advisor

Hi mate are all the fans spinnning if one ain't you'll need a replacement. If this helped you help you can help me out by giving a kudos point. Thanks 

wittak
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

all fans are OK. I have 4 fans and spinning without problems. But after upgrade BMC to latest version show error message "Fan fail/missing"...

Thank you for yours answer.

Wittak

venomous-Nerd
Advisor

Hi mate do you have access to the ilo how did you update the BMC by downloading it from hp or CD from HP.

venomous-Nerd
Advisor

Hi mate do these steps 

1. Set jumper 27 to state "Recovery BMC"

2. Update firware BMC initial version (4.22) (set jumper BMC recovery)

3. update bios previous version (need also set jumper BMC recovery, because system coud't start)

4. update firware BMC latest version 4.26.

5. Update bios latest version (O26 (07/01/2013)

Use a USB keyboard and mouse.

If this works for you you can help me by giving a kudos point.

Thanks

wittak
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I read this method but I can't dowload previous BIOS verision because it is lock. I can download previous version of BMC but BIOS isn't possible. Can you help with this?

Thank you very much.

Wittak

highlander1518

Hi. Wondering if you ever found a solution to this issue. I would like to repurpose the DL120 G6 for NAS, but I am having the same issue. I have not tried the steps suggested by venomous-Nerd since it sounds like I would need the initial versions of the BIOS and the BMC firmware. However, would not setting the jumpers to recovery mode, automatically load the initial version of both firmware? Thanks in advance for your help.   

highlander1518

Hi. I would like to repurpose the DL120 G6 for NAS, but I am having the same issue. I have not tried the steps suggested by you since it sounds like I would need the initial versions of the BIOS and the BMC firmware. However, wouldn't setting the jumpers to recovery mode, automatically load the initial version of both firmware? Thanks in advance for your help.   

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

You can download the bios and firmware from the below link.

HPE ProLiant DL120 G6 Server

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/km/product/3984624/Product#t=DriversandSoftware&sort=relevancy&layout=table&numberOfResults=25

* RECOMMENDED * Online ROM Flash Component for Windows x64 - HP ProLiant DL120 G6 Server

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_9d0631d1cf8f4bd38a7f1643ab#tab-history

Online Firmware Flash Component for Windows - HP ProLiant G6/G7 Lights-Out 100 Remote Management

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX-f35f114acda543568e47f527ca#tab4

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

salem2k
Occasional Contributor

So after all this years I was wondering if anyone got the needed files cause if got the same problem right now.