6093 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 > B120i RAM Firmware Downgrade

PikS78
Occasional Visitor

ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 > B120i RAM Firmware Downgrade

Hi everybody,

This is my first step in the forum so please be sympathic with me if I miss something.

So here is my big deal :

I've collected a few of olds ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 which are running fine, but a couple of them drives me insane with the B120i Smart Array Controller. They are not able to check the state of non-genuine HP hard drive. First, I get a warning message in POST, then I can see the system critical led turn in orange (in the front of the server) and once into HP SSA, I get the red banned sign on each hard drive.
When running a ADU Report to compare with functionnal DL320e's, I found differents B120i RAM Firmware versions. All of them working up to 4.10 are okay, and those which run beyond 4.50 doesn't work properly.

Here is my question : How can I downgrade B120i RAM Firmware up to v4.10, in order to make them working fine ?

Thanks a lot !

Niko.

3 REPLIES 3
FabioC1
HPE Pro

Hi  PikS78 

You can make downgrade the firmware version, of smart array B120, by Service Pack for Proliant.

But you need of the firmware file.

In Site  - https://www.hpe.com/global/swpublishing/MTX-8ce1db713ea84123a731f02ef2#tab-history

I can't found this firmware version.

Gen8 Post Production Release Notes

https://downloads.hpe.com/pub/softlib2/software1/publishable-catalog/p363586871/v138541/SPP_Gen8_Release_Notes.pdf

FabioC1 - HPE Pro

Accept or Kudo

PikS78
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunatly, those olds DL320e are no longer linked to any warranty or suppport. I can't unlock the hyperlink to acceed previous SPPs :/

Do you know if there any other way to find --at least-- the B120i firmware, without SPP huge package, and no more warranty conditions from HP ?

Helpers welcome, thanks a lot !

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

There is no "standalone" firmware for this controller.

A part is delivered with the BIOS, the pther part comes from the driver.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!