4161 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ProLiant DL360 G7 does not accept new HDD

Pinky_fly
Occasional Contributor

ProLiant DL360 G7 does not accept new HDD

Hi there,

I just bought a new SAS-HDD for my DL360 G7. Unfortunetelly it does not get shown in Windows Server 2016.

When I plug the HDD into the Array the LED flashes for a short while and shows that it is connected. The ILO-System overview also shows the HDD in the correct bay, so I assume it is pluged in correctly and accepted so far.

In Windows however, the HDD does not show up. The Servermanager does not recognize there is a new disk that may be installed, partitioned or used in any way. It is just not present.

Do I miss anything? Does the disk need to be initialized anywhere?

This is my Disk:

HP 600GB 10K SAS
HP Model: EG0600FCSPL
HP Part: 689287-003
Firmware: HPD0

I hope that helps. Is it possible, that this HDD is not compatible with my server? Where could I look that up? Any chance to get it running?

Thanks for help,

Best regards!

1 REPLY 1
HoracioMiranda
Occasional Advisor

Re: ProLiant DL360 G7 does not accept new HDD

I think you are missing an important step, adding the disk to a disk array ( in this case a single disk array ), then create a logical disk, only after the creation of the logical disk any OS will be able to see the disk.

You are able to perform this task installing the RAID controller software to execute the disk array software using Windows for example, or rebooting the server and using the SPP ISO provided by HP.